“Love the Cocktails” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Revolucion de Cuba, Manchester

Revolucion de Cuba, Manchester
Ranked #23 of 209 Nightlife in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Revolución de Cuba Manchester is a stunning two floor cocktail bar and cantina just off Manchester's busy Deansgate. Drink, dine, relax and dream you're a world away. The exciting cocktail menu and our very special Cantina menu will take you straight to the heart of Cuban life. Live music and late night partying await in the downstairs Havana Club Room or sneak off to our exclusive Havana Club Bar and enjoy some of the world's finest rums with table service all night long.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Love the Cocktails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited here with my partner on Easter Sunday, great Atmosphere in here with a live band on, love the 2-1 cockails will definately return.

Visited April 2014

Stockport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Will I ever get in”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I don't normally write reviews on trip advisor and have actually only just signed up to write this review. However i feel I wanted to say something because it's getting beyond a joke now. I would like to add that I have been inside revolution de Cuba once and had a really good time with all my friends and the venue is amazing and all the decor in fantastic with a really good atmosphere. That being said all this is let down for me by doormen who have on numerous occasions spoiled my night with their questionable door policies.

Last night I was out for my graduation ball at university everyone in the group were all respectable people who had all just finished a physiotherapy degree. Everyone was dressed smart with all the gents wearing suits and all the ladies wearing dresses and looking beautiful. The doormen knocked us back for reasons of which I am unaware. One of them said my friend couldn't get in because he had 'jazz hands' whatever that means. I'm just getting sick of it now, i don't understand why the doormen frivolously reject people. All of us were well behaved and just wanted to continue our night following our graduation ball but all this was taken away after being rejected by the unreasonable doormen.

I've been there with a friend in the past fully adhering to the strict dress code wearing shoes and was told that we couldn't get in because we weren't with girls. It just really annoys me because you go there because it looks a really good club and exciting place to be only for it to be spoiled because your unable to get in.

Also another time I went and had arranged to meet some people in the club as it was one of my friends birthdays and she wanted to go to revolution de Cuba. Again I was rejected for frivolous reasons which meant I had to go somewhere else and wait for them to come out of revolution de Cuba before I could join the birthday celebrations. It seems to me that if you are male then you are at a major disadvantage as the doormen just will find any excuse not to let you in.

It's gotten to the point now where I find myself avoiding the place because I can't be bothered with the lottery of whether you will get in or not. The numerous times I have been and been rejected just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth so I would rather just avoid the place outright and go to places where the doormen are more reasonable and glad of your business.

I think the fact that revolution as a brand now is so big they are simply getting too big for their boots and don't really care about people like me who just wants to go out and enjoy a night out with my friends. Last night was a memorable night for a lot of us having just graduated and we wanted to add to those memories by enjoying our last night together as a cohort in revolution de Cuba. If they don't feel that we are good enough or whatever the reason to go into their club then fine, there are plenty more clubs in manchester who will be glad to accept our business. As it happens we all ended up in club Liv just up the road from revolution de Cuba and we all had a fantastic evening so all was not lost thankfully.

So if you are going to revolution de Cuba from my own personal experience I would think twice. Make sure you have a contingency plan in place because you may find that your night is spoiled by fascist doormen who take great pleasure in knocking people back which may ruin your night. I am sure there are plenty of people that have got in and had a great time however for me it's just not worth all the hassle.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank James D
Chorley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I came across revolution da Cuba by accident whilst walking back to our hotel! It was a great atmosphere, the dancers where fab and the music was just up our street! What was supposed to be one drink turned into 3 or 4! Will defo return next time we are in the area!

Visited May 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Bar was empty but still sat sandwiched between others. Service quite slow. Food was good but not great. Music far too loud for lunch time.

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Wonderful Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

First time here with friends, it's a spacious place with lovely tables (ours had colourful cushions on the seats). Very friendly and efficient young staff. We had Tapas dishes which were on a 2 for 1 offer and were all delicious and the portions were bigger than any other Tapas places we had been to. Wonderful pork kebabs, garlic mushrooms, spicy potatoes. Altogether a great find and a great selection of Latin Beers. Very impressive

Visited April 2014