“Pleasant building,extortionate prices”

Revolucion de Cuba, Manchester
Ranked #41 of 219 Nightlife in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Revolución de Cuba Manchester is a stunning two floor cocktail bar and cantina just off Manchester's busy Deansgate. Drink, dine, relax and dream you're a world away. The exciting cocktail menu and our very special Cantina menu will take you straight to the heart of Cuban life. Live music and late night partying await in the downstairs Havana Club Room or sneak off to our exclusive Havana Club Bar and enjoy some of the world's finest rums with table service all night long.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Met in this place prior to dining elsewhere. Purchased two drinks ,after having to wait to get attention of a gaggle of very un-cuban looking chaps wearring panama hats and neck scarves who were working the start of the evening shift. Got my two beers ,more than 8 pounds for two pints of San Mig. When i did not tip the guy (due to the wait not the prices) he rolled his eyes at me as if I had offended him . I sank the pints ,got bought one more then it was off to find a nice eatery. Did not want to dine as the beer prices were mental.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"decor"
"pint"

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went to revolution de Cuba with a friend, mid June for tapas. It was mid week and quiet. The tapas were very tasty and thought it was a good place for tapas. Live band was good. Staff were very helpful. Overall a nice early evening eatery. Would I return, yes.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Visited with friends for pre dinner drinks.

First impression - it's been a long time since I've paid nearly £5 for a pint of draft cider!

Other friends arrived earlier and ordered during a happy hour, which is far preferable it would seem!

Staff at the bar were engaging and chatted enthusiastically with a friend about speciality rums. Nice to see.

I'd like to say I'd visit for cocktails next time, but perhaps not late in the evening on account of reports written here about overly officious door security staff. I appreciate they deal with some appalling behaviour, but I've rarely read accounts of their own attitude and behaviour such as are written here!

Management need to address this. It's a massive deterrent and I am not the only person to give places with a reputation for permitting this style of security a very wide berth.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Staff are really poor at customer service; appear to lack interest in cocktails or knowledge of rums - the supposed back bone of the place. If this element is lacking, then I have no reason to return.
My comments won't bother anyone and I don't blame them as they must be making a fortune anyway. The place is rammed with people quite content with their strawberry daiquiris thinking they are the height of sophistication.

The bar itself is split on two levels, and to be fair does a good job of creating two different atmospheres. I can see the appeal, as it is well kitted out with strong branding behind it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Had the misfortune of entering this bar tonight, Saturday 21/06/14, door staff make you feel as if it is a privilege to get in with their self indulgent choice of who gets through the door. Complete steroid fuelled set of idiots who questioned me further because I shook my head at their admission policy! Inside is quite a good set up and would lead to an enjoyable night, just let down by door staff full of their own self importance and ruin the experience before you enter the building, if you get there and there are queues, carry on to the next bar, you will have a better night.

3  Thank Chris B