“Lovely cafe” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jollof Cafe
Ranked #358 of 2,185 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: African, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Manchester
“Lovely cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went here for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Very friendly welcome and delicious food. You will love the groundnut soup if you like peanuts. I had the morrocan chicken for my main meal and my partner the safari beef, both with jollof rice. Very tasty and nicely spiced. It's a family run place and one of the sons taught us a game called oware whilst waiting for our food. Will definately visit again to eat in or get a takeaway as live nearby.

1 Thank kaththered

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Give it a try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I love this place. Fantastic food that is always great. We live round the corner and they deliver to us! Really friendly owners and are willing to talk you through the different things they make. Must buy from here twice a week and never dissapointed.

2 Thank Johnmanchester1
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I would definitely recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Fantastic food. Fantastic atmosphere. Fantastic service. World class food at cafe affordable prices. I would go back again and again. The safari beef and the jollof rice is a must try. The Kilimanjaro soup is mind blowing. Love this place

1 Thank izaclee
Hyde, United Kingdom
“Jambo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

What a wonderfull little cafe. Welcomed with a warm Jambo and a taster of spiced porridge. We asked for reccomendations on what to eat as I'd never eaten anything more African than Moroccan. We ordered the Kilimanjaro and groundnut soup followed by Safari Beef and Morrocan chicken both with Jollof rice.
Whilst waiting we were taught how to play Oware, which I had always wanted to learn.
The Kilimanjaro soup came - wow it almost blew my socks off just what the doctor ordered, Mushroom, Okra and super spicy, yum. The groundnut soup was a funky flavoured peanut soup, the addition of mild spices made it lovely rich thick broth.
The Safari Beef was a nice medium spiced curry and the jollof rice was tomato and spiced white long grained rice. The Morrocan chicken was a very mild slightly sweet dish that was also pleasant.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KevinRenouprez
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“I go back again and again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

The food is good, the drink selection is eclectic and reasonably priced, but the reason that I go back again and again is the service. This is no ordinary cafe. I'm sure that you could go there and simply eat and drink, but you'd be missing out. When I go I enjoy the smiling and enthusiastic welcome and a chat or learn an African game with one of the family members or try one of the African instruments. I've been working away from home and family, and this cafe has been a godsend in the evenings because they are always genuinely pleased to see you, and wanting to share a story. I went there instead of going to the pub in the evening, and had better company and a nice clear head in the morning. Strongly recommended.

• Visited June 2014