“Just dont go there” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of 3 Twenty One - CLOSED

3 Twenty One
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just dont go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Went to this restaurant very recently. It has no aircon and the terrace tables are mostly in full sun. We sat in the only partially shaded table and this meant that three out of four of us were locked behind the table needing to ask everyone to move to get out. The waitress took forever to bring anything we ordered meaning that even after an hour and a half we hadnt even been served the dessert ordered earlier. The food was hit and miss- mostly miss.The cherry was the managers attitude to my request to remove the dessert from the bill. After an hour and a half I really hadnt expected to be told that it was our fault that we hadnt been served. Priceless. The worst restaurant Ive ever been to on every count.

1 Thank cate j

Manchester England
“Like a Phoenix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, 3 Twenty One is, of course, the old Crown Inn on Deansgate. A much more spit and sawdust establishment than the tastefully refurbished 3TO. The "traditional English pub" feel has been retained but significantly enhanced. If I wanted to take a foreign guest to see a Brit pub, I may well choose 3TO.

As for the food, a pretty limited menu but with some interesting offerings. We had steak and lamb dishes. These were ok but unexceptional. Agree with another comment on the coleslaw. Ditch it guys; sloppy and bland. Sharing a cheese platter provided sufficient for two and the variety and presentation were good. Service was pleasant and attentive throughout the meal without being overbearing. Loads of ambience. Tram announcements wafting in on the breeze became a bit irksome but we were on the flower-filled verandah.

The wine list appears well overpriced for what's on it. Prosecco at champagne prices for instance. We didn't try them but most cocktails at £7 seemed ok value for the city centre. Maybe next time!

And I think there will be a next time. Overall it was an enjoyable meal in pleasant surroundings and worth another try.

Oh and the reason there's so few reviews is Trip Advisor only recognises it if you get the exact designation they are seeking. Figure 3 and words twenty and one. So if you're reading this, well done for finding it: your persistence has paid off! Enjoy your visit.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Potential but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Went here Friday night, it’s not had many reviews but they seem all to rate it pretty highly so far. Well I am not sure I can add to the praise at this point. The staff were very friendly which is always a bonus and the surroundings are nice, I ordered the Manchester Egg which was not bad, nicely presented and fairly tasty. My partner had the bread with hummus and dips and thought it was OK but nothing special. Mains for me was the pulled pork burger, it was OK, the coleslaw was an oddity, I neither liked it or disliked it, I think it was needed to try and liven up the bland burger? I much preferred the burger from Byron’s I had the previous week. My partner had the Halloumi with chargrilled vegetables which was 2 tiny pieces of cheese and lots of vegetables but no flavourings, not even a balsamic drizzle, he found it quite bland. I think it has potential but just not quite there yet.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, UK
“Should be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

The environment is nice and the service excellent. The food however doesn't match the rest. My partner had manchester egg which looked lovely. Being a vegetarian I had roasted veg and halloumi. Mine was bland and boring. Two small pieces of halloumi, would you have been so tight if it was steak and roasted veg? If you had been I bet it would be returned. There are so many ways of making it taste better, the addition of some fresh herbs during roasting, a honey glaze or perhaps some balsamic.

Dull, dull, dull.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
wirral
“Amazing....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Visited here last night for my birthday.well what can I say the food, staff, atmosphere, surroundings were all top notch!!! The ribs were melt in your mouth, the flat iron steak cooked to perfection but the piece de resistance was the hanger steak, so juicy and such great flavour. All washed down with a lovely bottle of rosé. Very good value for money too!!! Will definitely be back soon.....

1 Thank blondiexx8