“everyone must try 3 twenty one!”
Review of 3 Twenty One - CLOSED

3 Twenty One
Cuisines: European, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We visited the restaurant recently after hearing fantastic reviews from friends and I have to say I was not disappointed.
We didn't book but we're welcomed into the restaurant by the warm, friendly staff. We were seated immediately and struggled to choose which meal to have as everything sounded so good.
Our food arrived within 15 minutes and oh my gosh it was delicious! Even though my stomach was full I couldn't resist the tempting desserts.
The food was very reasonably priced and the portion size fantastic. The staff were friendly and chatty and made you feel very welcome. The decor was beautiful and the atmosphere was vibrant.
I will definitely be returning very soon and encouraging everyone else to make a visit here also. 10 out of 10!!!!!!

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Visited last night, had booked a table! None of the tables were reserved for us! Sat us at a high table more like being in a pub than a restaurant!! But was told that was my own fault for not requesting to not sit at a high table! Anyway we ordered drinks and once another table had finished we moved. My mum got the hanger steak as this is what she'd had when we visited in July.. It was not the same and was very fatty!!!! ( bad when you consider they've put their prices up) dad had rib eye on the bone.. This was ok but not worth £22!!! I ordered a chicken burger with goats cheese and red pepper( which turned out to be cooked in breadcrumbs and fried.. Didn't go with the burger at all) all meals come with a side... The chunky chips were soggy, the onion rings were ok, the sweet potato fries were the best part of the meal:) then they tried to charge us for one of the sides even though its included in the price!! So check your bill....
Really enjoyed this in July, but after last night would not go back....

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Went into the Deansgate pub just for a drink with friends and noticed they have an upstairs restaurant. The pub itself is very traditional and a lot of time has been spent keeping it that way, it is spotlessly clean and a credit to the staff. After spending a while there hunger struck and having seen the menu for the 3 twenty one restaurant upstairs thought we would give it a try. When we did go upstairs the change was amazing. The restaurant looked newly refurbished, was very comfortable and modern in contrast to the pub downstairs. There is an outside terrace which looked lovely with twinkling lights but in November we decided to stay indoors. We had a lovely window table overlooking Deansgate and the staff were welcoming. There is a well stocked bar in the restaurant with all manner of strange bottles on display. The drinks came quickly and after spending some time looking at the extensive menu the food was very well presented. The homemade soup and smoked chicken a particular favorite with the steaks cooked to perfection. The Manchester egg is particularly good and not what you would expect. Leave room for desert, the chocolate slice is particularly good as long as you are not driving as it does have a kick. Overall the food is presented with a twist and best experienced by seeing it when it is put in front of you so i wont go into to much detail. What i would say is that its a pleasant surprise.
I fully expect we will be going back and so glad we gave it a try on the day.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

A great experience from start to finish. Food was fab and can highly recommend the ribs and hanger steak cooked to perfection. Staff very helpful and cheery nothing too much trouble and very attentive. Would deffo pay another vist when visting manchester.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I came here with a work colleague on a Friday evening after popping in the pub downstairs for a drink. We checked out the menu at the bottom of the stairs and both fancied a burger with bacon which priced at £8.95 including slaw/relish and choice of side seemed reasonable. We were sat quickly as there was only a couple of other people in there and handed the menus. I was surprised to see the burgers now cost an extra £1 by just going upstairs? Either a printing error on the menu downstairs or out of date menu? We shrugged this off and ordered. The guy serving (possibly a manager) asked us which side we would like with our burger 'skinny fries/chunky chips/onion rings'. Atmosphere was ok whilst we were waiting just strange it being so quiet on a Friday evening. Food arrived after about 20 minutes, first impressions were good. However I find the use of ciabatta for a burger bun unusual. The burger was very thick but rather tasteless, not pink in the middle either just grey and dry. The unusual ciabatta bun didn't help being very dry also, unable to contain the burger and fell apart. The tiny pot of relish didn't go far in easing this! I gave up on the bun and just ate the meat. Coleslaw looked home made but unfortunately lacked in flavour, my friend commented it tasted a bit like grass! However we were both in agreement the chips were delicious especially the seasoning. As we had further plans we asked for the bill at the bar to save waiting. 1x pint and 2x burgers totalled around £28. I found this quite expensive but we paid and left. It wasn't until we were in a taxi we checked our bill and found we had been charged £2.50 EACH for the chips?! We were both under the impression due to the wording on the menu that the side was including in the price. Nor did the server state we had to pay extra when he was asking what sides we wanted with our burger. Yes the chips were the best part of the meal but £5 for two small portions is very steep especially when you're not expecting to pay extra. Wouldn't return.

1  Thank Danielle H