“Baby change a disgrace”

Namco Funscape, Manchester
Ranked #37 of 63 Fun & Games in Manchester
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We live quite close to the Trafford centre and thought it would be nice to spend some family time there one Saturday night. So my husband, 7 year old son, my one year old daughter and myself went bowling. We had a nice lane with sofas and things were looking good. Firstly we try to order drinks using the service button. After the fourth attempt we had to go and ask someone. Once we had finally ordered a drink...half a Guinness was not available nor was a bottle of Budweiser. Then my baby daughter needed changing. The disabled toilet/ baby change was locked, I asked at the desk for the key, was told I need to speak to someone else I walked over to this other person carrying my daughter to ask if the baby change could be opened, you'd of thought I asked to borrow the Crown Jewels for a night out! The look I was given was disgusting! I was then told to wait over by the toilet and someone would open it. I stood by the toilet for about 10 minutes, missing my game with the rest of my family. Finally someone came to open it, if my daughter haven't really needed changing I would of waited...it was disgusting!! The baby change was basically a side of a sink and a bin with a yellow bag!! I nearly cried!!

I was so disappoint a couple of years ago my son had a birthday party there and everyone was so helpful and couldn't do enough for us. We'll we won't be going again...Parrs wood for us next time...so Namco so disappointing

1  Thank lkverity
in 3 reviews
in 16 reviews
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I've always been a huge fan of the games company Namco, and to see it as an Arcade was amazing. Features a whole array of different games, both new and old. Some of the bigger name Arcade games they've got in there is Time Crisis, and the Dance Dance Revolution games, these how-ever cost around £2 a go, in order to be able to play them. This is expensive compared to other Arcades that I've went to, but this wasn't something to turn me away from Namco. A lot of the games are ticket based, this was a welcome change for me and really added another element of fun towards the games. I love the place, and always visit when I'm in Manchester :).

1  Thank KurtJP
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I spent £10 in here on arcade games. I managed to get 140 tickets. I had to wait in the que for 25 mins, and when I asked for my prize, I only got 100 tickets worth, instead of my 140 tickets I had. The computers were not working apparently, but what annoyed me the most is the women who served me did not appologise to anyone about the ridiculous wait. Do not waste a single penny in here. I will never step foot in it again.

3  Thank ArcadeAddict
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've got to say I've visited the Trafford centre many times and had some great times but on this occasion I need to warn others about the arcade that is in the main food hall its run by a company called NAMCO FUN SCAPE I decided to go in with my 5ft wife and 23 year old disabled son with learning difficulties we all went on one machine with about £30 between us to further our chances of winning after about £20.00 a lady came over and asked my son to move back unaware I didn't realise I thought he was just in the way for another customer so my self I stood behind my wife while she was playing and let my son stand next to her.

then all of a sudden the lady demanded that one had to come away from the machine because of NAMCO policy saying we are not allowed to crowed the machine I was total gutted as there was no signs and I was not allowed to be with my son or wife at the machine I was gutted and felt so small so I got in touch with the company on my return home and im not kidding I first spoke with a lady and I asked her to put me on to the manager he was not in but 10 mins later I got a phone call back from this man at the company NAMCO while explained the situation I asked why there was no signs stipulating three was a crowd around the machines if this was so I would of saved my money simple but beyond this the manger from this company threatened me over the phone if I was to say anything to anyone about this situation and I am not having it so be WARNED NAMCO the amusements area is not a very friendly place to spend your money please save your money for something else I will from now on

5  Thank mayfieldhotel
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Yesterday my son (aged 8) and I visited Namco for a game of bowling. He had been given a coupon for a free game so we thought we'd try it out. Big mistake. The lane broke down within half an hour. Over the past year or so, the Namco bowling area has had a big face lift. They seem to have spent all the money on the new sofa's and decor but didn't bother to upgrade the actual bowling lanes and equipment. We (the whole family) used to go every other weekend but then they stopped the early bird specials so we stopped going. Basically if you want to spend a lot of money to stand around waiting for someone to fix your lane, go here. If you actually want to spend your time bowling, go somewhere else. The one good thing about it was the girl working the counter. I don't know her name but she couldn't have been more polite and helpful. I can't say the same for the lady manager that was working with her. She was quite rude and unpleasant. We certainly won't be going back.

5  Thank BridgeLV