“My favourite cinema in the city centre.”
Review of AMC Cinema

AMC Cinema
Ranked #13 of 53 Fun & Games in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“My favourite cinema in the city centre.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I like this cinema, because it is never too full and the prices are good. There is the bowling and Almost Famous burger bar under the cinema. They are good places to go whilst waiting for a film to start.

Visited July 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Cinema smells awful”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I only visited this cinema as my friend got me free tickets. I wouldn't normally go because the screens are vented into the lobby. Watching the film was awful, sweaty uncomfortable and smelled like the changing room of a gym. Don't go there! The only plus point was nice cold coca cola and well gassed not Pepsi.

2 Thank spenderpenny
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“You're getting what you pay for....disgusting”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Yesterday I went to the AMC with friends to see 22 jump street. When I was paying for my ticket the man serving us was rude and obviously didn't want to be there. As usual before you get your food or are allowed into the screens another member of staff will look at your ticket.
When we were at that stage we were faced by a lady with obviously dyed blonde hair who looked like she was forced to be there and smelt of cigarettes. She snatched our tickets off of us and didn't even tell us where our seats were.
To make matters worse as we sat down we noticed our seats were damp and smelt of piss....Thus we were forced to sit on our jackets which also got damp and smelt of piss....Unfortunately we couldn't move as every other seat was full.
After the film we went to the toilets in rage because of the damp seats when three other girls heard us and asked 'were your seats damp too?' Looks like we weren't the only ones. I think all if not the majority of the seats were damp.
I told the manager after who didn't seem to care.
The tickets are £4.50 per person which is cheap compared to £6/7+ at the printworks. I would pay those prices for a ticket there in the future because It's actually clean and hygienic. Go here if you don't mind watching a film and wallowing in the mess of others who were previously in that theatre.

2 Thank Monique Paris J
Glasgow
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Cheapest cinema in town”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Cheap in comparison to all other chains. Was very quiet but it was the england game on tv the night we went. Comfortable seats, good size screen. Cant fault it.

Visited June 2014
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Customer Service?”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Trying to escape the football i decided to pop to my local cinema AMC Manchester, on arrival after purchasing my ticket i was made aware by the ticket collector that beer is not permitted but he 'wasn't sure' so he said he would check with the manager, i explained that it was fine and i just wouldn't drink my 4 x 330ml heinken, i approached the service counter and purchased some popcorn to be interrupted by the 'Manager' Collin, he stated that i couldn't even take the alcohol into the cinema as its not even allowed on site, now i understand that in life there are rules but its all about delivery of this information that was given to me, i think that the manner that i was spoken to was designed to make me feel very very stupid and uncomfortable, in fact it just made me inquire where these policies were stated so i asked with the conversation ending line of ''i don't have that information'' after some waiting i receive a refund although it was made very clear that AMC don't make refunds for popcorn! over all it was a very easy problem to resolve made horrendously bad by very poor communication and customer service. I'd invite AMC Manchester to respond but i wont hold my breathe

Visited June 2014