“Yellow card”

Gourmet Burger Kitchen
Ranked #617 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: International
Description: Serving up gourmet burgers in the UK since 2001. Offering a variety of delicious burgers, homemade sauces and seriously good milkshakes.
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

A warm sunny night on the banks of the river irwell. Great service Nice food good atmosphere, id forgotten to use my Yellow card & was pleasantly surprised When the waiter reimbursed me after id paid ! He went out of his way to get m'y money back something you never see anymore in rip off britain. A great start to the night .

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This GBK is so much different than the trafford centre one, my chicken meat is much smaller and vegetables is so much lesser and fries are smaller in portion as well compared to the portion served in trafford centre, if you want to have a nice GBK meal please go to trafford centre one :)

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Just popped in to grab a burger... Seemed like a good idea? Nah... Marie Celeste?? Not a soul there... Staff in kitchen... Asked if they were open? Was greeted by a joke 'closing we are so quiet' - ha ha
So I went somewhere else- a great way to do business and that's why you are empty... Been here before and it used to be good but it's clean and tidy, no noise etc but that's cos it's empty... So keep up with the jokes about being closed and you will be... Don't wish to hard guys... It might come true.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Called in here after walking by.

The interior is like a cheap cafe, although I get the feeling it's trying to be trendy.

You have to order your food / drinks at the bar, as you would in a pub, however GBK aren't charging pub prices. To add insult to injury, the sides are all extra, making the burgers even more unreasonably priced.

Service was ok, we weren't kept waiting too long and the staff were friendly.

The food tasted ok. Nothing special, and again not worth the price tag. I've had tastier burgers in Burger King! Also, I was extremely dissapointed with the portion sizes.

After the meal we quickly left and vowed never to return. Not specifically due to the food or the the price individually, it was a combination both these factors which left a sour taste in my mouth!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I'm not a big fan of burger and chips! but GBK is the only place I would return for many times. That skinny fries is just tasty and even better when its mixed in the burger! Very cheerful and helpful staffs always make us happy to dine during our lunch break.