“Not bad at all”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Came here with my fiancee, quite a chilled out atmosphere and seemed clean. Staff seem quick to serve us and bring food to quickly to us. I think it's a nice layout inside, trendy ish did seem a bit dark in parts of the pub. We ordered 2 drinks 1 lemonade and 1 coke, 2 Hunters BBQ chicken meals with chips which was really tasty for only £2.99 each for the food. Wasn't too much food on the plate but for the price you can't complain really. I would return here again, we liked it. Central to everywhere too close to Gay village, China town, Piccadilly and all the shopping areas. also very close to the National Express coach station which is very handy. This place is well worth checking out and check their offers too.

• Visited January 2014

“What a nasty little place.....”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Obi Wan Kenobi said of Mos Eisley spaceport in Star Wars -

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

It is the only term that sums up this nasty little place for me.

I am afraid this place showed me the worst side of Manchester. Myself and 2 friends stopped in here for some drinks before going onto a concert in town.

Beer was served in plastic glasses which is never a good start but the real downside is the quality of person in here. I am referring to the party of lads who were asked to leave. Some kind of trouble started outside the bar in the road and a group of several men set upon 2 others and beat the daylights out of them right in the middle of Portland Street. It was violent and disturbing to see.

I thought I had seen it all but when I went up to the toilets, bypassing an assembled mass of dodgy looking 20-somethings with a "All-right lads" in my best Manc accent so as not to not give away being a scouser on their soil. Drugs were being sold in the cubicles so it was just not a nice aura all round, all the way.

We left after a few drinks and I wont be going back. I am sure Manchester has much better to offer.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank mj2000uk
“Chinese New year”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Went into Yates after visiting China town for the new years celebrations walked in sat down looked at the very grubby menu and the filthy state of the table then walked out,

2 Thank chris h
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go.”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I went to Yates with a friend for a few drinks, we were approached by two females in their mid tewnties at the smoking area. They seemed friendly enough, we went and sat with them inside and a man who they claimed to have known. He then sexually harrased me and my friend, we told him that we were a couple so he'd leave us alone and then he started verbally abusing us calling us 'dykes' and 'orrible'.. After that I can not recollect anything, I collapsed in the toilets and my friend was in a bad state, we got spiked and my bag with everything init got robbed. Considering we only had that one drink, I do not think that amount of alcohol intake would have effected us unless there was a drug dropped init. After I had realised my bag went missing the bouncers would not let me back in to go and look for it because I didnt have my ID, but why would I have had my ID if my bag with everything init got stolen. My friend was also assaulted, a man spat in her face and tried to rob her bag aswell. Luckily enough we've rang the police and I WILLNOT be going there again. Do not go.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank 990Chloe
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good value and decent food”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I went in for a few drinks and decided to order some food, got a chicken wrap and chips with onion rings and was all cooked lovely and in good time. Staff were friendly and when I asked for extra sauce and napkins were more than willing to accommodate even when it was megaa busy which was lovely. Would recommend and would go again as the prices are pretty decent for the city centre! Only thing I dislike is how many stairs you have to climb to get to the toilet, what is that?

• Visited January 2014