“Held our wedding reception here”

The Place Aparthotel
Ranked #35 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Held our wedding reception here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

We decided to hold our wedding reception at 'The Place' due to the reasonable rates and city centre location. Samantha was nothing less than thorough and flexible in organising our big day.
Unfortunately we had a minor emergency with a family member just as the reception began, but the management and staff of 'The Place' were fantastic in all their help and attention. This ensured my wife and I could relax and enjoy ourselves for the rest of the day and night.
Aside from the room in which the reception was held (which is fantastic in itself!) The Penthouse suite was simply amazing. The view over Manchester was stunning, the beds were probably the most comfortable we've slept in, and a lovely touch were the rose petals and huge bunch of fresh flowers awaiting us!
We both find it hard to think of any bad points about the whole day. We don't plan on getting married again, but we'd recommend the Place time and again! It really did add to a very special day for us both!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted you enjoyed your special day so much. Samantha and the team take great pride in the events they facilitate and hearing such positive feedback can only inspire them to new heights. I look forward to welcoming you both back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

Stayed as family of 4 in two-bedroom appartment for £98. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Bar was pleasant. Bin collection was a bit loud very early in the morning, but other than that excellent - really good value and right next to station.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank AnnaF64
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Thank you for your kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

This is an amazing place, two or three minutes from the station yet quiet and calm inside. Very high quality but not intimidating, great decor, well looked after, friendly professional staff on reception. Bar lounge area a good size and handy, and gorgeous atrium. Rooms are huge, very well laid out and kitted out, with window seats - my dream! (Even if my view was mostly a Manchester car park ;-) The restaurant was great too and provided soya milk for me on demand, I'd not had a chance to ask in advance, so that was really good service.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Thank you for taking the tme to write your kind review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

Booked a one bedroom apartment via my Airmiles account and when we arrived to check in we were a little early but the helpful receptionist booked us into a 2 bedroom apartment on the first floor to save waiting. It was lovely and clean and very spacious. These apartments are situated nice and close to the train station so we didnt have to walk far with our suitcases. We read a few reviews before going regarding noise but we were not disturbed by any other residents or any noise outside. Next time we visit manchester we are going to book one of the delux apartments so we can enjoy the views.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you are looking to enjoy the views of Manchester on your return may I suggest you consider a Penthouse as they have a patio area comanding views of Manchester and surrounding areas.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

We hired out the room at the Place Hotel in Manchester for our prom. Everything was great, including the staff, decorations and the overall event. We are very grateful for the support from the events organiser Samantha, as she helped hugely to create a fantastic event. Overall, I would definitely hire the room again as it met all of our requirements.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank katie95_11
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review. I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful time and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Stayed the night at The Place in Manchester after my mate had been told about it. Me and my wife and him and his partner were staying so booked one of the two bedroomed places. All I can say is that it was big. The bedrooms were bigger than mine at home and the Living Area was also extremely big. Overall it looked very good and clean.

Just a couple of points to improve on, though.

1) The finish in our bedroom was not great. The carpet did not reach as far as the walls and the toilet roll holder came off in my hands. In your lower end chain hotels you may forgive this but this should have been better.

2) The shower was cold and no matter how long I ran it for it did not warm up at all. This I found out in the morning and had a cold, not enjoyable, shower.

Overall, though, I cannot complain too much and me and the wife have said that we will return here in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind review. I would like to apologise for the few shortfalls you have brought to my attention. I have inspected the room in which you stayed and corrective maintenance has now begun on the points you have raised. I am glad to hear overall you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

16 of us stayed here in 4 apartments and the quality was amazing, very central (next to piccadilly st) and very clean. I would def try and stay here again if visiting Manchester.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
Thank you for your kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future,