“Fantastic stay”

Ranked #41 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed for one night for are anniversary,the penthouse appartment was more than we could ask for,very spacious and clean and great value for money.All the staff were friendly and helpful.Great location near town and bars but you dont need to go out the bar and bistro in the hotel are lovely,the food is spot on and the steak was the best we ever had,and to finish the stay of we had breakfast and there was a huge choice and agin the price was great.We carnt wait to go again and will be recommending to everyone,thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Hythe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed here for two nights after Christmas for a shopping trip. Couldn't recommend highly enough, we had a one bedroom apartment which was superbly equipped, clean and spacious. We took up the offer of breakfast which was extremely good for the price too. Anyone who finds fault with The Place at the price charged needs a reality check! The staff were all so friendly and helpful - I will be recommending to anyone I know who needs to stay in Manchester!

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review. Such positive feedback helps inspire us to maintain these standards and I will be passing on your comments to my team.
Manchester
Reviewed 28 December 2011

What a great hotel. Lovely staff, so helpful, my daughter's wedding was handled with such care and support, couldn't have wished for anywhere better. Thank you for everything that you did. Ian and Rosie Blayds and all the family x

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Starstrucklady
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear your daughter's wedding went so well and I wish them all the best for the fututre.
Norway
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Good location, free wifi, nice apartments with cool details, a good welcome when checking in. I think they must have forgotten to clean our apartment however, we found food on the floor in the kitchen, broken glass in the dishwasher, hair from shaving behind the bathroom sink, etc. The shower however was the cleanest I've seen in any hotel in Britain so another option is that the maid spent all her time cleaning the shower and forgot the rest ...
Because we were there right before christmas there were a few christmas parties going on while we were there, the noise from these kept us awake. I'm not sure this is a huge problem the rest of the year but if you are, like me, sensitive to noise, you should ask if they have a quiet room.
The beds are ok, the side my husband slept on was good, the side I slept on you could feel every single spring.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was disappointed to hear of the cleanliness issues you encountered and would like to take this opportunity to apologise. I have spoken to my housekeeper and she would like to be associated with my apologies. On this occassion our rigorous checking procedures fell short.

We are currently in the middle of a program of replacing all our beds in the hotel and we have received excellent feedback on the sleep quality we provide.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and I hope to welcome you back in the future to regain your faith.
Coventry
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I booked this room for a Christmas party and ended up with a two bedroomed apartment which between two guys, worked out at just over £40 each. Fully equiped kitchen which helped keep the beer and wine cool. Large bedrooms, one with en-suite and then a separate full bathroom so we had one each. Nice tolietries which ended up at home for my girlfriend. Great to have somewhere to lounge when getting ready etc and I can see if you are staying for a few days, the option of room service is a boost for an apartment hotel. Very reasonable underground parking considering its proximity to Picadilly Station.

Room Tip: The two bed apartments are ideal for a family or groups.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2011
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope your girlfriend enjoys the toiletries! I look forward to welcoming yoy back in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We stayed in a Penthouse apartment for a weekend in November - dealt with Emma in reservations and Marzena when we checked in - both were extremely friendly and helpful.

The apartment was great. Very clean and spacious, couldn't have asked for more. Great value for money - definately recommend

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank danlough
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and have given us such a glowing recommendation.
Reviewed 19 December 2011

i booked these rooms on business at a very reasonable rate on the internet between £60-£70
the rooms are huge 2 double bedrooms and a huge lounge, all toiletries and extras supplied , large comfy bathroom towels aall in all a great deal. Customer service was excellent offered me umbrella because it was raining hard, gave me a complimentary break fast for a mistake, could not have been more helpful, reasonable priced meals, iderally placed, very near piccadilly train / tram stations and short walk to city centre and piccadilly gardens, handy car parking at a charge, really happy with my stay

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.