“Not sure I will go back”

The Place Aparthotel
Ranked #41 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
London
“Not sure I will go back”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

1 LOCATION: Hotel is easy to find.... 2 BUILDING: Very big, impressive hotel. 3 WELCOME: Very average... 4 ROOMS: I had booked the best room in this hotel. The one with the private lift...I was expecting luxury....My room was cold and it remained cold all night...The place was slightly dirty.... 5 BATHROOM: Same as for room 6: DINNER: n/a 7 OVERALL: Not sure I will go back

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the problems you encountered. Unfortunately had these issues been raised during your stay, we would have endeavoured to put them right. As the review doesn't go into detail then I am limited to how much I can investigate and feedback.

If you would like to discuss this matter in more detail then please contact me direct at the hotel as I am always keen to put things right and regain your faith in the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I have used The Place for staying in nearly every week for 2 years, while working in Manchester.
I found it a great place to stay, the staff have always been really friendly and helpful.
The rooms were great, so much space and always had a upgrade which was always welcome, especially when upgrade to the penthouse.
Will definitely stay here again when in Manchester.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen B
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear we are your hotel of choice for two years and hope you keep using us in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed for one night for are anniversary,the penthouse appartment was more than we could ask for,very spacious and clean and great value for money.All the staff were friendly and helpful.Great location near town and bars but you dont need to go out the bar and bistro in the hotel are lovely,the food is spot on and the steak was the best we ever had,and to finish the stay of we had breakfast and there was a huge choice and agin the price was great.We carnt wait to go again and will be recommending to everyone,thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Hythe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed here for two nights after Christmas for a shopping trip. Couldn't recommend highly enough, we had a one bedroom apartment which was superbly equipped, clean and spacious. We took up the offer of breakfast which was extremely good for the price too. Anyone who finds fault with The Place at the price charged needs a reality check! The staff were all so friendly and helpful - I will be recommending to anyone I know who needs to stay in Manchester!

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review. Such positive feedback helps inspire us to maintain these standards and I will be passing on your comments to my team.
Manchester
Reviewed 28 December 2011

What a great hotel. Lovely staff, so helpful, my daughter's wedding was handled with such care and support, couldn't have wished for anywhere better. Thank you for everything that you did. Ian and Rosie Blayds and all the family x

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Starstrucklady
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear your daughter's wedding went so well and I wish them all the best for the fututre.
Norway
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Good location, free wifi, nice apartments with cool details, a good welcome when checking in. I think they must have forgotten to clean our apartment however, we found food on the floor in the kitchen, broken glass in the dishwasher, hair from shaving behind the bathroom sink, etc. The shower however was the cleanest I've seen in any hotel in Britain so another option is that the maid spent all her time cleaning the shower and forgot the rest ...
Because we were there right before christmas there were a few christmas parties going on while we were there, the noise from these kept us awake. I'm not sure this is a huge problem the rest of the year but if you are, like me, sensitive to noise, you should ask if they have a quiet room.
The beds are ok, the side my husband slept on was good, the side I slept on you could feel every single spring.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was disappointed to hear of the cleanliness issues you encountered and would like to take this opportunity to apologise. I have spoken to my housekeeper and she would like to be associated with my apologies. On this occassion our rigorous checking procedures fell short.

We are currently in the middle of a program of replacing all our beds in the hotel and we have received excellent feedback on the sleep quality we provide.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and I hope to welcome you back in the future to regain your faith.
Coventry
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I booked this room for a Christmas party and ended up with a two bedroomed apartment which between two guys, worked out at just over £40 each. Fully equiped kitchen which helped keep the beer and wine cool. Large bedrooms, one with en-suite and then a separate full bathroom so we had one each. Nice tolietries which ended up at home for my girlfriend. Great to have somewhere to lounge when getting ready etc and I can see if you are staying for a few days, the option of room service is a boost for an apartment hotel. Very reasonable underground parking considering its proximity to Picadilly Station.

Room Tip: The two bed apartments are ideal for a family or groups.