“The Pennine Room”

The Place Aparthotel
Ranked #40 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“The Pennine Room”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We chose the new Pennine room for a friends surprise 40th birthday party recently and could not fault the evening. Our organiser (Jade) was very helpful and made sure we had everything we needed for the event. The room was perfect for this type of function and the food was delicious!
We also stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was a little tired in places but good value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your party. I hope you will consider having many more birthday celebrations here.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I loved staying in these apartments! They were spacious, clean and modern and were in a great location. I felt like moving in permanently! I cant find anything neagative to say . Staff were friendly and looked after our bags when wed checked out..I will definately book these again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
IanHard, Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Place Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This apartment complex is amazing - large rooms for sleeping lots of people, great for groups. Very quiet and private, with kitchen,dining and lounging area.

We stayed for one night and loved it. There were 6 of us in 1 apartment - there was more than enough room and we slept very well. My only negative is that the apartment got very hot in the middle of the night and the windows do not open very far. This also made it very noisey, being above a busy street below. They would benefit from individual air con / heating in each room.

Staff were friendly, everything was clean and tidy. Location is ok - it is about a 10 minute walk in to the centre of Manchester, but it is right next to Piccadilly train station.

Would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for your excellent review. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I stayed at The Place recently on business, which was prepaid by my company. On arrival I was asked to provide a credit card to 'cover any incidentals' - Is that even English?! I do not know why this could have been done on the credit card used to make the original payment.

On arrival in the apartment it was clean enough, with the exception of the doors and bathroom walls. The bedding was of very poor quality. The duvet cover had a hole in it, and the duvet itself wasn't even polycotton covered, let alone cotton. It was made from polypropelene. It had holes in it and hair attached to it. There was no mattress cover, the bedsheet was straight onto the mattresss, so not comfortable. The bed was also very hard. I woke hourly with my hips hurting!

On the plus side, the apartment was large, the breakfast was good and the location is good.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for review. I am disppointed to hear of the shortfalls you encountered and would like to take this opportunity to apologise. I have spoken to my head housekeeper and she would like to be associated with my apologies, our checking processes will now be reviewed.

It is concerning to hear of the poor quality linen as we have recently upgraded to "Oxford English Cotton Linen" which is known for its quality. We are also in the process of replacing all our beds and this process will be complete in a couple of months.

Thank you once again for your review. I hope you will return in the future to give us the opportunity to regain your faith and hear the correct use of the word "incidental" once again.
Reviewed 30 January 2012

WOW, what can we say... We had the most amazing night on saturday celebrating our recent wedding with friends & family and 'The Place' totally rocked!!!!!

The decorations were absolutely stunning.. I was blown away when I came into the function room for the first time and the setting was absolutely perfect. Please give our thanks & compliments to the chef & catering staff also as the food was absolutely amazing. We've had so many comments & messages of thanks saying how beautiful the venue & food were. The staff at 'The Place' are an absolute credit.. everyone was so friendly, helpful and also seemed genuinely happy for us.

We enjoyed our stay in the apartment which was pure luxury as did our friends/family who also had rooms on the night.

Everything was just perfect and there was not a single glitch which added to the evening being pure magic!

Please pass on our thanks to Alexa, Ian and Giles (think I got his name right??)... again they were absolute professionals and made a huge contribution to the success of our night.

We will be popping by sometime soon with a wee something for you as way of thanks so this is by no means good bye! I've also had 2 people say that they are thinking of having the place as a) a wedding venue and b) a venue for a leaving party for work. I hope to be back soon.

For now a big big thanks again & just sorry we didn't get to see you on the day / night.

Best regards,

Lanetta & Graham.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted your wedding was such a success and have shared your comments with my team. Positive feedback such as this can only inspire them to improve further. I wish you every success for the future.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I need somewhere to stay near Manchester Piccadilly Railway station, I couldn't have got any closer, a 2 minute walk from the station. The hotel is a converted Warehouse with much of the original steel work still on show. The reception was helpful and friendly, I was suprised when I got to my room, as it was a apartment, consisting of 2 king size bedrooms one with en suite. It had a large lounge with table and chairs for 4, a sofa and chair, good size TV and DVD. The galley kitchen had everything you need, including a small bottle of fresh milk for coffee or tea. I arrived quite late about 20.45 and I was still able to get a meal. This is where 'The Place' losses points, the menu is quit limited. I was only saying for 2 nights so I found something to eat both evenings, but if I'd been staying for week I would have struggled without having the same meal on more than one evening. The food was more than sufficient and quit tasty. I would stay there again as long as it was only for a few nights

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that on the whole you enjoyed your stay. However I am concerned to hear you didn't find our menu choices sufficient. We have three menu's available. A room service menu with 30 dishes on, a Restaurant menu with 25 dishes on and a table d'hote menu with another 9 dishes on. All our menu's have a good selection of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes.

In the event that nothing is suitble for our guest on our menu's, we will prepare meals requested taken into consideration dietary or taste requirements.

If you choose to use The Place Hotel again in the future please feel free to contact me and I will happily ensure we fulfil your food requirements.
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2012

LOCATION - Was fairly easy to find with reasonable parking nearby.A short walking distance to the shops and bars.
SERVICE - Cant fault it at all.Staff were friendly aand couldnt do enough for us.
ROOMS - Amazing appartement. Everything you want for a short stay. Beds were comfortable and no noise from outside.
We would gladly stay there again, only tip wed give them is to have a T.V in the bedroom.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your excellent review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. We are currently undergoing a process of putting new freview TV's in all the bedrooms as well as the ones already in the lounge areas and this is now a third complete. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.