“What a nice surprise!!”

Ranked #38 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Thessaloniki, Greece
“What a nice surprise!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was booked in the Place as one of our clients had a meeting. I must admit I would not book my self an apartment hotel but this was a great surprise! The Place is a restructured industrial building in the heart of Manchester, with a huge atrium. All the apartments are like large suites with bedrooms and living rooms all facing in the spacious atrium which I find very hip!!! The corridors are huge, the place is clean and I loved the rooms twith their industrial bricked walls!! Very friendly staff.

A good alternative to mainstream hotels, nice location.

On the negative aspect, very basic breakfast and the charged me for checking out 15 minutes after checkout time (I find this very unprofessional).

Will definitely visit again and would recommend it for short business travels.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed at the Place for an early valentines in February. When we checked in, the woman on the front desk couldn't seem to find our reservation, however after a short hesitation, she upgraded us to a two bedroom apartment! Our room was on the 6th floor in the corner, and on opening the door, pleasantly surprised does not even cover how I felt. The apartment was huge, clean and the decor was very stylish, with exposed red brick walls and an extremely high ceiling with glass panels.
I have stayed at a number of hotels and serviced apartments in Manchester, and would highly recommend The Place, and will most definitely be staying here again. Most definitely the best place I've stayed in Manchester!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent review.I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We held our wedding at The Place in January this year - if you're looking at venues in the city centre put The Place on your list - you won't regret it!

We had looked at several potential venues before looking round the The Place. From the very first minute we met Sam (the wedding co-ordinator) we were very impressed - she was really a breath of fresh air - all morning we had been meeting various wedding planners at different venues across Manchester and none of them were as friendly or as professional as Sam, she was great - she took time to show us round and go through the mountain of questions we had - we never felt hurried or pressured (as we had done at other venues) and she was also really flexible to our ideas and didn't force any 'packages' on us which a lot of the other venues were trying to do - we felt from the outset we would be able to have just the kind of wedding we wanted.

Throughout the planning process Sam was a pleasure to work with - she met us (well mainly me) on numerous occasions and always had plenty of time for me - she responded almost instantly to emails and phone calls - she had often thought of things even before I'd asked the question - I felt totally confident she had everything under control and that the day would work like clockwork (which it absolutely did!). I think she is a real credit to the hotel and worth her weight in gold! Also I should mention whenever I came in - which was often! every member of staff I encountered were just lovely - friendly, polite and genuinely interested in helping.

On the day everything was just perfect - the layout of the room was amazing, the fact we had lots of different spaces to use (we got married in The Atrium and had drinks in The Pennine suite before the meal) the food was wonderful and again every member of staff was so polite and friendly. Alfie the duty manager was a star and made sure the dinner ran smoothly - I couldn't believe how quickly he managed to get 150 people served! (lots of guests have commented on this too) So many of the guest have been in touch to say what an amazing venue they thought it was and what great food and service - we have been overwhelmed by all the positive comments - loads of our friends and family stayed the weekend and loved the apartments - they are great for guests with children.

All in all I want to say a massive thank you to everyone at The Place for ensuring our wedding was perfect for us - we had the flexibility to tailor our own package exactly to our taste and requirement - so we didn't end up with an identikit wedding and the service we received on the day far surpassed our expectations - it was truly amazing!

I would recommend The Place to anyone who is looking for a fab venue in the city centre - in addition the costs were also very reasonable for the amount of food and drink we bought.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your excellent feedback. It is very gratifying to hear that the levels of service we offer exceed our guest’s expectations.

Sam is indeed a credit to the hotel and I am inundated by excellent feedback about her! Her attitude and commitment is a rare commodity.

I wish you every success for the future.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We recently booked a 2 night stay in a 2 bed apartment and I had my 40th Birthday Celebrations in the Pennine Room... From the moment we checked in the staff were all friendly, helpful and courteous.. This goes for ALL staff from the cleaners to the management, Bar staff on the night couldn't do enough for all the guests! They pulled out all the stops! Only issue we had was the "bouncer" - Door Man at the end of the night was rude, abrupt and aggressive to guests as they were leaving - hopefully he wasnt employed by The Place but was a contracter who can be removed and replaced. The room needed some attention but was very clean, comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your party and stay. We do use a third party company for our event security and I have passed on your comments to them to investigate the problems you encountered.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We chose the new Pennine room for a friends surprise 40th birthday party recently and could not fault the evening. Our organiser (Jade) was very helpful and made sure we had everything we needed for the event. The room was perfect for this type of function and the food was delicious!
We also stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was a little tired in places but good value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your party. I hope you will consider having many more birthday celebrations here.
Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I loved staying in these apartments! They were spacious, clean and modern and were in a great location. I felt like moving in permanently! I cant find anything neagative to say . Staff were friendly and looked after our bags when wed checked out..I will definately book these again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
IanHard, Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Place Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This apartment complex is amazing - large rooms for sleeping lots of people, great for groups. Very quiet and private, with kitchen,dining and lounging area.

We stayed for one night and loved it. There were 6 of us in 1 apartment - there was more than enough room and we slept very well. My only negative is that the apartment got very hot in the middle of the night and the windows do not open very far. This also made it very noisey, being above a busy street below. They would benefit from individual air con / heating in each room.

Staff were friendly, everything was clean and tidy. Location is ok - it is about a 10 minute walk in to the centre of Manchester, but it is right next to Piccadilly train station.

Would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for your excellent review. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.