“Perfect stay in Manchester”

The Place Aparthotel
Ranked #41 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Bergen
“Perfect stay in Manchester”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Perfect arrival - right next to Picadilly train station.
Perfect location - very close to city centre, Andale, shopping, busses (to Old Trafford) and restaurants.
Perfect service - very polite and helpful staff.
Perfect room - our room got upgraded when we arrived, so we had a huge 2-bedroom apartment with two bathrooms and a huge living room and kitchen... when all we expected was a normal doubleroom.
Perfect atmosphere - quiet, calm, tidy, private and beautiful.

All in all a perfect stay. Great value for a great room. Stayed for four nights in february, and would easily stay there again anytime.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your perfect review! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed every facet of your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
St Neots, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed here twice so far and have been very impressed with rooms. Corporate account so can't comment on value. The apartments are enormous.
Bar area is a bit pokey but during the week does not appear to be busy.
Not too impressed with seeing a mouse run across the restaurant though. Apart from that, I will be coming here again when business dictates.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank EvilTauro
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoy the versatility of the Apartrment hotel. I am however very concerned to hear you saw a mouse.

I can assure you this is something that does not occur here and we have a very stringent policy for the management of the necessary controls.

Thank you once again for passing on your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
West Lothian, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed at the The Place hotel for 2 night trip to watch Billy Connolly at the O2 Apollo. Booked well in advance and got a great rate. On arrival we were surprised to find we had been upgraded to a huge 2 bedroom apartment. Booked as xmas present for my boyfriend - he commented it was one of the nicest hotels he had stayed in the UK. Really liked the exposed brickwork and beams.
Couldnt fault the staff,location or apartment.
Would definitely stay again.
Thank you!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for your excellent review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed in The Place Hotel overnight in February to watch Manchester United playing Ajax.I booked it a couple of months in advance and got a super rate.Although we were a little early checking in (bout 11.30am)this was not a problem as the room was ready.The apartment itself was huge with 2 bedrooms 1 en-suite and also another family bathroom.The kitchen was well stocked and the apartment was spotlessly clean.We ate in the resturant and overall the food was ok if not spectaular so a little more care is needed in that department.The staff overall were fine but think they could smile a little more.My overall impression was very good and i wiil definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you for your excellent review. I a delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your comments to my team and we will be looking to improve in the areas you mentioned, indeed we have launched a new menu this week and so far has had very positive feedback.

Tyhank you once again for taking the time to pas on your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Yorkshire
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here for an overnight trip to watch Billy Connolly at the O2 Apollo. Travelled by train to Manchester Piccadilly which was literally just round the corner from the hotel. Booked it well in advance based on other reviews and got an excellent rate for a 1-bed apartment. On check in we were upgraded to a 2-bed which was rather unnecessary as there was only me and my partner staying, but it was a nice touch. The staff were very friendly and helpful, offering a map to help us find the venue of the gig.

We were on the first floor and the apartment had a living room with dining area and TV, kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave and oven with ceramic hob, along with two bedrooms (one with en suite shower room), and also a 'house' bathroom next to the other bedroom. We chose to sleep in the room situated at the back of the building and despite overlooking the station it was extremely quiet with no disturbance from the noise of trains andweslept really well. Both bedrooms had TVs, as you woudl expect these days, and were nicely decorated with pattered red and gold wallpaper to match the exposed brick of the building.

We didn't use the bar or the restaurant so can't comment on these facilities. Instead we opted to cook our own food bought at the M&S Simply Food at the station. The kitchen was equipped with all the basics.

We would definitely stay there again - even if we couldn't get the same cheap rate.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed here 25th Feb. I booked The Place before Christmas as part of my boyfirend's Christmas pressie weekend away. When I booked it I thought there must be some catch as the hotel looked lovely from the pictures and the price was so good! When we arrived it was even better than I was expecting. The lobby area is lovely and the staff were very friendly and ensured an easy check-in. We were a few hours early to check but we were able to leave our bags with them whilst we had a look around the shops. When we returned and went to our room I could not believe how beautiful it was for the price I had paid. The open plan living room, kitchen and dining area were lovely with the red brick walls and industrial beams etc. The bedroom was also very nice and a reasonable size with a curved brick ceiling and very comfortable bed. Absolutely love the décor and style of the rooms. It seemed a shame not to get much use out of the kitchen area as we only stayed one night but the novelty of having a whole apartment was fab! I didn't want to leave and wished I could transport the whole apartment home to replace my boring house! We had breakfast in the morning which we thought was very reasonable at £6 each. It was help yourself which my boyfriend loved and made sure he got more than his moneys worth! All in all I would say this is the nicest hotel I have stayed in for quite some time and would definatly stay there again! The only negative I have is that there are no instructions for some of the appliances-I could not work out how to turn the oven off so had to turn the plug switch off instead.
Great hotel and friendly, helpful staff :-)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was booked in the Place as one of our clients had a meeting. I must admit I would not book my self an apartment hotel but this was a great surprise! The Place is a restructured industrial building in the heart of Manchester, with a huge atrium. All the apartments are like large suites with bedrooms and living rooms all facing in the spacious atrium which I find very hip!!! The corridors are huge, the place is clean and I loved the rooms twith their industrial bricked walls!! Very friendly staff.

A good alternative to mainstream hotels, nice location.

On the negative aspect, very basic breakfast and the charged me for checking out 15 minutes after checkout time (I find this very unprofessional).

Will definitely visit again and would recommend it for short business travels.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012