“Great wedding venue”

Ranked #41 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great wedding venue”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Got married at this venue recently and after deliberating over a number of venues I was so pleased we picked this one. It is a lovely hotel with wonderful facilities and the whole day was organised to perfection by the staff at the hotel. Location is ideal for people to find easily and parking wasn't a problem. I would definitely recommend this hotel both as a wedding venue and somewhere to stay if visiting manchester. The rooms are first class and the food was of a very high standard.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul73mcr
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your superb review. I am delighted to hear your wedding was such a success. We do pride ourselves on the weddings we facilitate and I wish you all the best in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Luxembourg
Reviewed 3 December 2012

The choice of hotels in Manchester for the weekend two friends and I had chosen for a trip was large. Our first choice didn’t answer back if we could have two rooms en suite, so we went for this apartment hotel. Location, service, comfort all ok. Very interesting architecture, but somewhat disturbing that the windows of the living room and one of the bedrooms facing the heated inner court, with people walking just outside the windows, making it impractical to have an open window, or even the curtains undrawn if you are a tiny bit shy. On the other side, the original window facing the street let in quite some draught. So in average, the temperature was normal. The apartment was meant for five persons, but it was impossible to get more than two cards, and identity control at night was strict. The breakfast looked like a good deal, with a buffet and a menu for orders, in a nice hall, but the second day, it was understaffed and we had to wait half an hour just to get our tea.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear on the whole we met your expectations. The design of the building is indeed interesting and because of the Grade II listing, slightly quirky in layout. On the whole this is well received but I do understand that it is not to everyones' tastes.
Reviewed 3 December 2012

My wife and I recently visted with our older daughter whilst visiting the Xmas markets and watching Lion King the musical at the Palace Theatre. The apartments were ideally located for us and very close to Picadilly Station where we met our daughter. Unfortunately the first apartment we were given had a problem but we were quickly given another 2 bed apartment which was beautiful, clean and a good size for the three of us. We used the bar area and had a snack which was perfectly fine. The staff on reception were great and very helpful at all times. Would stay again if visiting Manchester.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind review. I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Very nice and comfy apartments. Staff very friendly and helpful. apartments are nice, specious, very well equipped. Bathroom was spotless which is a big plus. Very close to Piccadilly Station and all shops so perfect spot for all shopper.
I enjoyed my stay and can recommend to everybody

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for the excellent review.
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This hotel is simply excellent. The rooms are huge and it is like being at home, with fully fitted kitchens and everything else you need. I was given a penthouse on two floors with two bedrooms with en suite plus a huge balcony and great views over Manchester. If you are staying in Manchester for a couple of days look no further.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. I look forward to you returning in the future.
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Was impressed by the amount of room in the apartment, was a really good space to chill out and relax in.

Staff were very helpful also. Reception girls Lottie and Lauren were friendly humorous and helpful.

Would definitely stay here again, even though it was pretty expensive. Would give a 3.7 if I could.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I have passed your comments on to Lottie and Lauren and they are delighted to see their names mentioned. We do offer many special offers and good deals are available dependant on dates.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed in the Place Hotel after being recommended by a friend, for 7 nights. On first appearances the hotel looks old from the outside but is a well maintained building and extremely modern and comfortable on the inside. The reception staff were lovely and welcoming and directed me to the lift where i found getting to my room on the second floor incredibly easy. I enjoyed taking in the amazing interior of the building, its so open, clean and so much bigger than i imagined it to be. Upon entering my room i felt very welcome as it was lovely and warm, with beautifully clean kitchen, bathroom and bedding looked brand new. The only fault i could find was the floor was a little scratched but that was no big deal to me. After relaxing in my room for a while i ordered some food from the restaurant and when it arrived i was a little disappointed. It was greasy and looked a little under cooked, however the young girl who delivered it to me was lovely, extremely welcoming and friendly. Over the week the cleaning staff that maintained my room were very friendly, efficient, and did a fantastic job without inconveniencing me what so ever if i was in the room. I would like to thank all the staff at The Place hotel for such a fantastic stay in Manchester, they helped me find things to do and the easy way to get there often using Piccadilly station which is under 5 minutes walk from the hotel, 10 minutes to the main shopping places and with many bus networks close by.
overall i loved my stay and would highly recommend it to anyone, see you all next year!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AussieMaryann92
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I have passed your comments on regarding the food to my team. I hope you will take the opportunity to try our food again when you stay in the future.