“Great apartment, reasonably priced in the heart of Manchester”

The Place Aparthotel
Ranked #40 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great apartment, reasonably priced in the heart of Manchester”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We booked a one bedroom apartment here, not knowing what to expect. After going out of their way to get us checked-in early, we stepped into a large, clean, modern apartment that was really more than we expected. Accented with brick walls and steel girders from the original building, we found this apartment to be both comfortable and well-equipped. We cooked a meal in the full kitchen. There are several grocery stores nearby, to stock-up on whatever you need. Right in the heart of downtown, there are plenty of restaurants and pubs, as well as high-end dining establishments. It's easy to catch a bus or the Metrolink from the station nearby, and the train to the airport leaves frequently. Hit the street food court nearby for lots of tasty treats, or take a cab to "the Curry Mile" for all manner of delicious food from all parts of the world. I will definitely return to this hotel whenever I'm in Manchester.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for your excellent review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again next time you return to Manchester.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
UK
Reviewed 9 December 2013

There is nothing bad to be said about this "Place" small niggled when we wanted to order a bar meal we were told it would be an hours wait because they had a function on, when the order did come it was wrong but quickly corrected.

Praise for Charlotte on reception - exceptionally professional and friendly - a rare combination these day at a reception desk - keep up the excellent work Charlotte.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank UKPhilip
Thank you for your review. I have passed on your praise to Charlotte who is delighted to hear such praise. Please accept my apologies regarding room service as this should of been handled more efficiently.
Glasgow
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Recently stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip.

The reception staff were lovely at check in & made you feel welcome & at home.

The apartment I was in was HUGE! (Maybe a little too big for 1 person- I got lost!)

The bedroom (the one I slept in) was very comfortable- loved the King size bed. It was really cold & the heater was very temperamental in the room- think the heating system needs an update (electric on the wall heater)

I had dinner in the bar both nights as didn't want to venture out in the cold & the food was really good as was the service at the Bar.
I had work to do & was able to log onto the free wifi at the bar while having my dinner.

There was a party night on one of the nights & the noise REALLY travelled on the 2nd night- I only managed to get 2hours sleep before my training course & had to switch bedrooms within the apartment during the night to try & get some sleep.

I did mention this at reception on check out & they said they had numerous complaints... didn't really help me with a full day training then a 4hr train journey to Scotland :-(

I would recommend this hotel & would stay again as it is close to the station as well as the City.
Next time I would ask for a room on a higher floor so I can't hear the noise from the lobby area.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor due to noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan M
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am happy to hear the apartment and food were received positively. However please accept my sincere apologies regarding the noise. We do make every effort to allocate rooms to those not attending the functions on higher floors. Unfortunately this is not always possible. I hope you will return to us again in the future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with 4 friends for 1 night. Reception staff were great and very helpful. The apartments itself was brilliant, had everything we could have needed. Definately would recommend for large groups !!!

1 Thank Bex10007
Thank your for such a great review.
newport gwent
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Arrived just after 2 and had to wait 1/2 hour for room to be made available ...parked our car in secure parking ( £9.00 per day) ...apartment was spotless and spacious ...great having a kitchen as we found this very convenient , washer dryer dishwasher freezer basically everything you need
The only thing I did find was the sofa was quite uncomfortable and so was the chair...but was only sitting there for a short while so not too bothered..also think breakfast should of bin included....would recommend and return on our next trip.

Room Tip: We asked for a lower floor and got one.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank howellsone
Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My arrival was greeted with both professionalism and friendly staff. Being visually impaired I was nervouse that I may have trouble navigating in a different country and the staff at the front desk were extremely helpful 1 even offering to show me where the shops were after she had gotten out of work. I want to say that Charlette, Natasha, Lisa, Zana, Victoria, Erica all front desk employees were simply amazing! The bar staff such as Shanon, Pete and Rob were a pleasure to deal with and the food was wonderful too. Was great going to breakfast and being greeted by Kamil who always was pleasant and smiling and a wonderful waitress Eva who always made me smile for my 8 night stay. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL AND WOULD DEFINITELY STAY THERE AGAIN :)))

• Stayed November 2013
I am delighted my team made such an effort to make your stay so memorable. I know you made a lasting impression on them and I hope you will make it back to us again one day.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We had our wedding here on the 30th Nov and it was brilliant! The staff were very organised and attentive, the Bistro looked amazing and the whole experience was first class! The wedding co ordinator (Samantha) was excellent and made sure that the day went perfectly. Will be back for our first anniversary!

• Stayed November 2013
I am delighted to hear we managed your special day so well. I have passed on your review to Samantha and the team as such praise only inspires them further.