The Place Aparthotel
  • Room Service
US$119
US$107
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$112
US$96
  • Free Internet
1,257 results
All reviewsapartment hotelthe penthousecentral atriumboth bedroomsliving roomexposed brickworkwashing machineconverted warehousefully equipped kitchenpiccadilly stationone bedroom apartmentunderground parkingthese apartmentswedding venuehen weekendmain bathroomdining table
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at the apartment this weekend and were very excited to come after seeing the photos online! However, we had only just got in the room and put out bags down when one of the housekeepers just came barging in the apartment and took the bottle of wine and rack of nibbles and her attitude wasn't the best! I have stayed in hotels a lot cheaper and had complimentary nibbles and tea/coffee!! We did all think that the apartment was lovely and between four of us was great value but after the housekeeper left I took out some glasses to pour us all a drink and the glasses were filthy. After cooking, I took out a knife and that too was dirty with bits of hard food on it & there was grease on the metal pillar by the work surface!! In the en suite the shower door wouldn't close either (luckily we had a bath in the separate bathroom). Other than that, we had a lovely stay, we found the apartment very spacious and fab for the girls getting ready in! The staff were also very nice other than that housekeeper! It hasn't put any of us off wanting to stay again though as we did think the apartment was really nice and it was in a great place, right by the train station and not too far from the pubs and shopping centre!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologise for any issue you had, but are glad to hear your enjoyed stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was really looking forward to my stay here, it looked great, but I can honestly say it was the worst hotel experience I've had. We paid around £160 for a room (room 115), and were under the impression we would be provided with balconies and sleeping arrangements for at least 3. It was what we had booked. On arrival we were told that it was one double bed to sleep two (no balcony for smoking either) and that they could not budge whatsoever on this because they couldn't have 3 sleeping in the room and were otherwise fully booked.
This left a good friend of mine forking out a great deal of money to get a last minute hotel.
Besides being down a hundred pounds for another hotel room, the room was incredibly uncomfortable. The A/C didn't work and so we were left in a brick sweat-box that we were barely able to get to sleep in. We asked reception about this and they offered no help at all and were quite rude, although the lady in question did seem rather rushed.
We had arranged late checkout too, but were told at 11.30 that they had not been told anything about it and so we had to leave immediately.
We sat to have a coffee and found the milk was 2 days past expiry. Salt in the wounds there.
Only things I can compliment are that the barman was quite friendly (although he had to be charging me 10.50 for two ciders) and the complimentary bottle of Shiraz was rather tasty.
All in all it was a pretty bad experience. I am back in Manchester this Saturday and will definitely try to find somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JasperAtkinson
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Sadly, we have no record of anyone staying in room 115 under this name or place of origin. The only booking it could possibly be paid £145 and booked a one bed to sleep 2 people through booking.com. This is clearly stated on the website and these rooms cannot accommodate 3 people. The hotel does not have air con in the rooms and again this is clear on booking.com website. We provide fans in the rooms. Similarly, only Penthouses have balconies, which is again mentioned on booking.com. Check out is 11am and we do not offer a guaranteed late check out. There is a request button on booking.com to request a late check out but this clearly states this is subject to availability. We apologise for any inconveniences, but if you could get in touch with us and can confirm your stay, we would like to follow this up.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

It's a converted warehouse, or mill, or something like that, and that's how it felt to us. That said the apartments are spacious (maybe too spacious - there is a lot of wasted space, which I don't often say about hotels) and well equipped for self catering. Downside was the musty smell in the bathroom, yecch, and the red brick everywhere which I guess was cheaper than plastering the walls. It was very hot and there is no AC, so we had to leave the windows open and listen to a rowdy party from downstairs that seemed to have spilled out to the street, until very late. Also I had real trouble parking my car. I paid £9 for the privilege of squeezing into a spot so small I had to climb out of the passenger side door, and repeat the process the next day. So all in all, pretty average, although it's very central if you like the centre of Manchester.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologise for any issues you had during your stay, and have taken your comments on board, as we are always looking to improve our services. We wish you all the best in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

WOW!! My husband and I had our wedding reception here last weekend and it was amazing!

Words cannot describe how grateful we are for the generosity and support provided by the team at The Place Aparthotel, especially Samantha, Alfie, Camille and Rob. The service we received leading up to our wedding and also on the big day was second to none, the hotel staff really did go beyond the call of duty and made us feel very special from ensuring that we were the only wedding taking place at the venue on our day to helping with the nitty gritty detail of the running order etc. Our wedding coordinator, Sam, helped us a great deal with her knowledge of traditional wedding etiquette and local wedding suppliers. Nothing was ever too much trouble.

Our reception was held in the Pennine Suite, a lovely bright room which I was able to decorate myself. I was given complete control of how I wanted the room (which was not the case with other wedding venues I had enquired with) and staff were always on hand to help me with anything I needed.

The night before the wedding, I stayed in a beautiful Penthouse Suite which is massive and covers two floors and was more than enough room for my three bridesmaids, two flower girls and I to get ready in on the morning of the wedding. My husband and I also stayed in a Penthouse Suite on our wedding night and we really did feel like we were in a luxurious setting, especially with our own private rooftop terrace.

Nearly all of our guests have commented on how beautiful the venue is, how comfortable the apartments are and the friendliness of the staff.

We couldn’t have wished for a better wedding venue which, in the end, actually exceeded all of our expectations. I never dreamed that I would be able to have a City Centre wedding on such a large scale at such an affordable price. We had such an amazing time and would like to send all the staff at the Place Aparthotel a massive thank you for their help in making our day so special!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claire D

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are glad you had such an enjoyable day, and we will be sure to let the staff know of your high praise. We wish you and your new husband all the best in your future together, and a huge congratulations!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Apartment had plenty of space, high ceilings, it was clean and well furnished, everything we needed for a short stay. Good car parking on site. Good breakfast buffet, bistro looked nice but we didn't try it. Excellent central location. Only downside was lack of air conditioning - we happened to be staying on a very hot weekend. Nevertheless in a historic building it all felt in keeping! I'm a bit puzzled by some of the recent negative reviews, I'm pretty fussy and this place was very good for me and my grown-up family.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ian H, Owner at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments and for taking the time to review us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and always appreciate our guests feedback. We hope to welcome you back very soon.