The Place Aparthotel
Ranked #52 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I was in Manchester for 5 days at a conference and chose The Place Appartments rather than a hotel because i wanted my own space. The appartment was fantastic with absolutley everything i needed. They were clean, comfortable and felt very safe. There was a microwave and cooker but to be honest on my first night the room service menu was very tempting i didn't even contemplate cooking and rightly so he food was just fantastic. There was a DVD and stereo in the lounge, a washing machine, tumble dryer and iron there really was everything you might need.
The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful and parking was secure and reasonable by Manchester standards. Location is fantastic too.
I would definatley recommend The Place Appartments and will definatley be staying here again!

Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2010

Thank you fo taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,257)

Reviewed 27 October 2010

The hotel is very close to the picaddily station. I stayed here for one night. What caught my attention was the architecture of the hotel. It was really nice. The hotel is very quite and relaxing. The staff were very helpful. We had to change our rooms and staff really helped with it. I recommend it to anyone ´looking for a comfortable stay in central Manchester.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2010

I stayed at The Place in September with a group of friends.
I was a little hesitant at first as it was a stag party and i know some hotels can be funny about it.
I arrived late and my friends had already checked in. I spoke to reception who were very helpful and welcoming and was then assisted with my luggage.
The hotel was extrememly busy as there was a wedding party that evening.
I was extrememly impressed with the way i had been made to feel as soon as i stepped foot in the hotel.
Thumbs up to the concierge!
With being late i rang down to recepetion to order some food, which was fantastic and great value for money.

The only hiccup i had was with the door. I had attempted to get into my room a few times afer coming back from the shop and for the life of me couldnt do it. I had phoned reception, told them of the matter but unfortunately was left waiting. After ten minutes i was still waiting, nothing!
A memeber of staff was walking past at the time and asked me if everything was ok. Samantha tested my key and explained that she would re programme it for me.
Within two minutes i was being let back into my room. The staff member was the only reason i didnt complain. She was extrememly friendly, apologetic and offered if there was anything else i needed. I later learned she was in charge of the wedding and thought it was nice to see that she took the time out to help me.
I can not fault anything about the hotel or the staff, me and my friends had a wonderful time and wil be returning very soon.

• Stayed: September 2010
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2010

Thank you for your excellent review. It is gratifying to hear that your stay was so enjoyable. Unfortunately key systems do occassionally cause issues but it is heartening to hear we dealt with the situation so efficiently.

Reviewed 8 October 2010

We approached the planning of the reception for our daughters wedding with some trepidation, anxious that we had made the right choice of venue. We had nothing to worry about. The Place Hotel is a perfect venue for a wedding reception. The function room(s) is spacious and laid out in a way that it is ideal for both a sit down meal and a great party. More importantly the staff are fantastic. The organiser for our event was Abbie Hart. We cannot commend her highly enough. She communicated well with our daughter, understood exactly what it was that she wanted, and made sure that everything on the day was perfect. All the other staff from reception to room layout and serving and bar staff were extremely professional and friendly. George in particular as the toastmaster, and Michael stood out. We are a large family and many of us stayed in the hotel that night. The apartments were great, especially the penthouse where the bride and groom stayed, and very reasonably priced. If you are having a wedding in Manchester, we believe you would have to go a long way to beat the venue, service and value of The Place Apartment Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is good to hear we met your expectations in creating the "Perfect wedding" and I wish the happy couple all the best for the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2010

Just arrived back from a short stay in Manchester staying at the Place Apartment Hotel,
place was amazing..... Stayed in a huge 2 bedroomed apartment that had everything and so much more. Bedrooms were huge and beds were really comfortable, en-suite was modern and spotless, living area (complete with dining area) was very spacious with flat screen tv and stereo and 2 large sofas, great for relaxing. Kitchen was fully equiped with fresh milk in fridge and loads of ice in the freezer and place was immaculate. I go on short breaks quite often and usually use large chain hotels but never again when I'm in Manchester. Staff were great, very polite and professional (Ratchel who checked me in was very helpful). I was so impressed by The Place that I am already planning another trip to Manchester and will be going back. P.S The room rate was actually cheaper than most chain hotels.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2010

Thank you for your kind review. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

Stayed over the Pride weekend...... complained to reception regarding the filthy condition
of the apartment. and the matter was brought to the attention of the manager..
Dirty cotton bud in bathroom
Hairs on toilet.
Thick dust on surfaces
Tea stains on walls and floors
Dirty sticky stains on floors
unpleasent smell from one of the bathroom.
Ash and stubbed out cigarettes in one of the bedrooms.
We returned to our hotel after couple of hours the ash, smell and dust remained. The manager called round to check and she called someone to try again. They gave me a can of air freshener for the bathroom .... If you want the location try City Inn (no dust) or Malaison (clean) unfortunately The Place is past it sell by date with it dirty rooms cracked, chipped and scuffed paint. And the furniture brought back memories from my student days. (Not Good)

IF THEY CAN'T BE BOTHERED KEEPING THE ROOMS CLEAN WHAT DO THE KITCHENS LOOK LIKE!?!?

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2010

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at The Place Hotel in August. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the problems you encountered.

I have spoken at great length to my Head Housekeeper with whom you spoke on the day. She again would like to pass on her apologies, however she does feel that some of the points you have raised were dealt with at that time. Indeed she checked your satisfaction with the action taken.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact me on 0161 7787500.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

Was very impressed with the 1-bedroom apartment we stayed in. It was huge with a large living area which included open-plan kitchen and dining area. The HiFi & DVD player was also a nice touch. Could have quite happily stayed here for longer. Also a great location - just a few minutes wander into the city centre - we got a take-away from Chinatown on our way back from shopping. A couple of gripes - the bins in the apartment could have done with a good scrub and £9 for parking was a bit cheeky but overall wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2010

Thank you for your review. It is good to see you enjoyed your stay.

Our car park is secure and much cheaper than the public car parking in Manchester. We do make guests aware of this charge at the booking stage.