“Tasty!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Tasty!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We arrived early on a Saturday evening when the restaurant was very quiet. It was clean and comfortable but very dimly lit. The menus are interesting and not too fussy. There are plenty of different choices of burger and sides and not so many as to cause confusion.
I ordered "The Taxidriver" burger which was very filling and tasty. The only drawback was the tomato which was large and impressive looking but tasteless. On the other hand, whatever ketchup is in the tomato shaped squeezy bottles is really tangy and tasted really good. I also ordered the citrus fizz (with a free re-fill!) which was light and refreshing. The staff were very friendly and helpful, although I suspect a little bored because each one in turn came over to check everything was fine. I visited the ladies toilets which were very clean but there was an "out of order" sign on one of the two cubicles.
Overall, I had a good experience and would visit again to try more burgers and hopefully a salted caramel milkshake!

• Visited November 2013

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Good burger”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Visited at a Sunday lunchtime. Was very quiet at midday and lacked atmosphere with so much glass and high ceiling. Maybe better atmosphere when busier.
I liked the casual style: our order was taken at the table and we helped ourselves to water and condiments.The food arrived in good time: tasty and well presented. Good for a casual meal and would return.

• Visited June 2013
Merseyside
“Excellent, juicy burgers and the nicest staff I've ever met!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We went recently for lunch with our daughter and had some of the nicest burgers we've ever eaten.

Cooked to perfection, beautifully presented and taste absolutely delicious. Perfection on a plate!

A tiny bit more expensive than usual but so worth it (in my opinion)!

And the staff. Extremely pleasant on arrival, apologising for a problem with our table and moving us quickly and efficiently.

The waitress (French I think) was utterly charming. Explaining the menu and all the options, attentive and polite. And our daughter got a free ice-cream (which we all shared!).

Certainly on our list to revisit.

• Visited July 2013
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Good burgers”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have been the GBK a couple of times now. The location is great and you can sit outside on the terrace should you wish to. There is a great selection of burgers or you can create your own. Well worth a visit!

• Visited October 2012
Manchester
“Great service, good food but pricey”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Been to GBK before, but my experience this time was very different to past average visits, the service was very good, the food was good too, but as usual the food was very expensive IMO, even with 50% off (through a Taste Card) still paid nearly £9 for a burger and fries!

• Visited July 2013