“Central and Better”

Velvet Central
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Have been to the original Velvet Bar on Canal Street a few times so was a bit wary of coming into here as it may not live up to the Velvet Name.

My first visit was a week after opening at lunchtime and have to say that the service was a little bit slow but the food was excellent.

Have been here now on 3 occasions and have to say that the staff are good at their job and always ready to help, excellent food and good deals during the day.

There are newer reviews for Velvet Central

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Had an early dinner with friends at velvet central. We usually frequent velvet on canal st and fancied a change. The food was just as good as we would expect, our server was very attentive and gave us advice on the the meal deals and wines. It was very quiet as it was 1800 on a Sunday evening. It was beginning to fill up as we left. We had lovely food in pleasant surroundings, looked after but polite and attentive staff. It was very reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Went there with my other half and his younger brother as we'd been looking all over the area for somewhere outside to eat. We ordered drinks and when they arrived told my boyfriend to try my pimms (was very nice) only to be shouted at by a member of staff for giving an alcoholic drink to someone underage and apparently I had already been told by another member of staff that he could not order alcohol as he wasn't old enough. (we hadn't been told) The man was very rude and even though we provided ID for my boyfriend proving his age there was no apology from him or the licencee who I complained to. I felt robbed, it really ruined my afternoon and even my partners brother was upset with the service. Homophobic Judgmental restaurant/bar that I will NEVER go in again!

2  Thank LuMeau