“Good addition to the Velvet brand”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Velvet Central - CLOSED

Velvet Central
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good addition to the Velvet brand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have a number of christmas meals booked here for groups and decided to go along for a taste test before the christmas meals.

The service I received was good with friendly, attentive and professional staff. Although I did notice that was not the case with all staff.

The food was good and served with suitable breaks between courses.

I'm looking forward to going back in a few weeks time.

1 Thank Timo071978

“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

This restaurant is superb! The customer service is second to none. The food is divine. The location is brilliant. The restaurant is beautiful. I never normally bother leaving reviews but I really couldn't recommend this recommend this place more! We will definitely become regulars here I think!

manchester
“Second restaurant in City and great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We decided to try this place purely because of the 50% off offer advertised on their website so thought why not. Usually I go to Grill on NY street but they've recently reduced their discount and I was getting a bit bored. 5 of us went and on arrival we all received a glass of champagne (very nice too). I was surprised they were offering all this, especially on a Friday night. We all had mains and nothing else but to be honest that was enough as the portion size was decent. Two of us had the spicy chicken, piled high on the plate although not very spicy. My partner had the steak and he said it was the best he had!! Overall a great visit and we will definately be going back!!

Manchester
“Fine second string to Velvet's bow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Having visited Velvet on Canal street in the past and been impressed, we were naturally curious to try out their new venue in the former premises of Beluga. First thing I noticed was a better selection of draught beers, including cask. The 'express' lunch menu was quite wide ranging including a veggie option. A slight hiccup over my order resulted in a free drink while I waited. All five were impressed by the food quality, and we all felt that the quality of the original had been successfully transplanted into the new outlet.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Central and Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Have been to the original Velvet Bar on Canal Street a few times so was a bit wary of coming into here as it may not live up to the Velvet Name.

My first visit was a week after opening at lunchtime and have to say that the service was a little bit slow but the food was excellent.

Have been here now on 3 occasions and have to say that the staff are good at their job and always ready to help, excellent food and good deals during the day.

• Visited July 2013