“The worst experience for a long time”
Review of Velvet Central - CLOSED

Velvet Central
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The worst experience for a long time”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

One of the worst overall dining experiences ever. We were kept waiting for a pre booked christmas meal for 14 and then eventually shown to 2 separate tables which we were told was our only option! With the unfriendly unhelpful manager it was a miracle we did finally get to sit together.
Having pre booked our food, a trauma in itself with the disorganised and pedantic systems n place, we were served the wrong food and one of the party didn't get a main course at all, it finally arrived when everyone else had almost finished but they did offer her a free glass of wine, the only concession of the night despite our dreadful experience and 90 minute wait for a table, we finished our food at midnight!!!
The only saving grace were the excellent serving staff who were excellent and left to it by a manager by that time locked behind closed doors!

NEVER AGAIN

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Debs277

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food, lovely wine and cocktails and great staff”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My sister and I visited Velvet Central, it was my first time but I have been a regular at their original venue for many years. Every aspect of our visit was fabulous. I had the sea bass which had a beautifully crisp skin while the fish itself was succulent and delicious. Great value for £14 with a free glass of wine. Champagne cocktails instead of dessert hit the spot perfectly. Our waiter (Jordan) was a delight, I wanted to take him home! Will definitely return.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Beksville
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Just had drinks but service was terrible. The only positive comment was the nice, polite doormen. Bar staff were extremely slow,”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Disappointing as service was extremely poor, slow, unfriendly and wouldn't return in a hurry. Music was poor when we entered but got better. Hate to complain but feel it could be a much better bar as it looked so inviting. I just feel the bar staff let it down. The doormen were very friendly though. We didn't have a meal so can't comment on the food. X

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Melanie C
“excellent food”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

went here on monday night for the 50% off deal. never been to either velvet restaurants before. the food was excellent. feta parcels, homous and pitta bread and salt and pepper squid to start which was all fresh and delicious. then I had crab risotto which was excellent and my hubbie had a steak which again was very good. then we both had lemon possett which was the best i've tasted. excellent cooking, lovely waiter, nice ambience. the only negative was it was a cold evening and it could have done with being a little warmer. would definitely recommend

• Visited November 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good addition to the Velvet brand”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have a number of christmas meals booked here for groups and decided to go along for a taste test before the christmas meals.

The service I received was good with friendly, attentive and professional staff. Although I did notice that was not the case with all staff.

The food was good and served with suitable breaks between courses.

I'm looking forward to going back in a few weeks time.

• Visited October 2013