“Great atmosphere and excellent food and service for a reasonable price”
Review of Velvet Central - CLOSED

Velvet Central
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere and excellent food and service for a reasonable price”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Came with friends as I had heard good stuff from colleagues.
Having previously visited their other venue in Manchester I had and idea of what to expect and was not disappointed.
Staff were assertive, professional and friendly, food was extremely good value and delivered to us in good time.
The venue itself is really nothing other than perfect, it's modern and chic yet minimal and cozy. A perfect place to eat great food in an excellent environment and or relax with a nice beer.
Portion sizes are extremely generous, adding the great value. Also great to see places that accommodate well for smokers, the outside area is lovely and I will definitely return throughout summer to enjoy the tasty treats outside.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank 89LizC

“Little gem”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Having so many venues to choose from around Albert square. Myself and work colleagues decided to give velvet central a go. And I've gotta say we made the right choice.. Started off with a jug of San Miguel between us then ordered some food that arrived quick and it's apparent it's cooked to order unlike other places we have visited in the past.. The food was better than expected and we were all left with empty plates at the end which is obviously a great sign.. The service is great.. Chatty friendly team working all well together.. The venue looks great and will be a sucess in the summer with the large garden area... Overall.. Id recommend to friends and family to visit! Good job!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very polite staff, amazing food.”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We booked a table at velvet central having used there other venue on Canal st and enjoyed the experience there.

The experience was everything we could have expected and more, we were running late on our table booking as we was waiting on our friends so expecting the worst when we got to the venue although when we got there we were given a warm welcome and taken to our table that was set up lovely.

The service was quick and friendly and the staff were welcoming, we really didn't have to wait for anything our drinks were constantly replenished, The food was amazing everybody around the table had something different and commented on how nice the meal was.

I would defiantly and have recommended it to friends.

Visited March 2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, lovely atmosphere, lovely surroundings”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I went to this restaurant on a Wednesday evening with my husband and two of our friends. Our friends had been here before but it was our first time. For whatever reason I had pre-conceptions of the restaurant and it's menu based purely on the name, I thought the menu would be pretentious and the food small. I was very wrong!

As you walk into the restaurant you go downstairs, onto a staircase with a fish tank underneath, a nice touch. The tables are nicely spaced out so you aren't sat too close to other people which gives a good level of privacy.

The staff are friendly and helpful. I ordered a crispy duck and hoi sin pizza, something I have never had in this form and really liked it. The portions are absolutely huge! My husband had a chicken dish and again this was a really large meal. Initially I thought the main meals were on the mid to expensive side at an average of around £11 per main meal, however based on the size of the portions this makes for a very cost effective meal. The menu is varied with something for everyone.

It was refreshing to be able to sit in a restaurant where no pre-judgments are made to the clientele attending and there are no wayward stares from other tables. A lovely atmosphere and a lovely meal. I will definitely go there again and would recommend the restaurant to others.

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a difference”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

It's been many months since we ate here last, the music was too loud and over powering and the service lacking, we returned with trepidation!! What a transformation!!!!! The music was lower melting into the background, the service was impeccable and the food was cooked to perfection and faultless! Well done keep up the great work

1 Thank James F