“First visit”

Grand Pacific
Ranked #89 of 2,421 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our homage to the golden age of high society, where deep rhythmic baselines writhe through the air and sweet botanicals tantalise the senses. A mysterious exotic oasis splashed with eastern excitement and seasoned with echoes of empire. Open from 12 noon with a range of dining options all day, Grand Pacific very much looks forward to making your acquaintance.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Our first visit writing it as we sit in Grand Pacific. Feels like your on holiday nice place staff are good but we had a couple of I think that's what it is comments. A little pricey but I'd give it another go ! Go on Sunday tea time lovely atmosphere

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I was very much disappointed with grand pacific . Over priced bar with poor service , highly pretentious place with utter snobbery in force with tip chasing bar waiters . I could go on for hours but I'll leave it there !! Enter at your peril . If you like pretentious you'll be ok

4  Thank Biglurch
Reviewed 6 July 2014

You wouldn't think that trying to get a drink on a quiet Monday afternoon could take as long as it did at the outside terrace at Grand Pacific. Firstly it took a good 10 minutes to get the attention of a waiter and as long again for 2 glasses of white wine to be poured and served. We saw several couples give up and leave before their drinks arrived. My partner caused great amusement with other customers when he asked the waiter if there was any chances of getting the drinks before we left!

2  Thank Sally C
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is my second review of this place, as it was first stop place on my return to my home city. The food here is so fresh and the Asian infusion is cleverly and passionately done by some amazing chefs. I started with the plump oysters au natural, which came with some delightful extras, such as diced chilli, onion and some type of black caviar, all beautifully presented. I followed with the Tuna Tartare, melt in the mouth gorgeousness, the best I have tasted, can't wait to go back, absolutely divine! We finished with the Japanese vanilla ice cream which reminded me of soft cookies or biscuit creamy cheesecake, really exceptional. The ambience here is lovely, laidback, beach resort appeal almost Floridian, with lounge sofas in sea blue and white, really peaceful considering it is right at the beginning of Spinning fields, a metropolis for the business world's glitterati. The staff on this occasion compared to the last visit were professional, attentive and charming, in particular thanks to James the handsome young man who entertained my young son with patience and kindness. Well Done!

1  Thank Caroline S
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Thank you to everyone who made our evening a special one! Great cocktails service and atmosphere! Will definitely be back !! :-)