“This place is good but not popular”

The Bangkok Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1,221 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$16 - US$33
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I go here for Kareoke evry wednsday night it is not popular i dont know why but the food is good service is Good Good Dj i wish more people would come other than special events this place is empty i ask the staff they say its because the people who they give to put flyers out dont bother do it. I want to come back here and celbrate my 30th Birthday here

There are newer reviews for The Bangkok Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Went for a business dinner last Wednesday. Very good service made better if they know you are a lover of Thai food. Out came some home cooking dishes to try that were not on the menu. The Lamb Mussaman was sublime. Attention to detail with ornate vegetable carvings. The owner Krin was keen to know what we thought of his good and very friendly. Nice to go to a place that cares what food they put out, even on a quiet mid-week service. I wouldn't hesitate to go back, well done...

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Really enjoyed my meal with three other friends. Food was excellent staff very friendly great astmosphere.. We had drinks at the bar afterwards didn't leave until 1.45am. Highly recommended we will definatlely go again..

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Have eaten here a few times and each time the staff have been really friendly and the food amazing!! Especially the crispy duck, red chilli and green curry! Also the cocktails are lovely! Definitely worth a visit!!!

1  Thank Olivia H
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Decided to go here with my partner as it has recently been added to taste-card. The restaurant is within a large building with a bar and a small restaurant area. The bar plays loud music which can be heard on top of the music in the restaurant, which is a strange mix of oriental background music and 80`s love songs. For starters we ordered spring rolls with sweet chilli sauce and vegetables in batter with Penang sauce, neither of which I can fault, they were above average.
For mains we had Pad Thai which was average at best and even though we ordered Thai Red Curry we were given Massaman Curry which I didn't say anything about as I was happy to eat it. The Massaman curry was again ok but nothing special and quite a small portion. After our mains were cleared we had to then ask for the dessert menu as we were waiting for so long. When we ordered desserts they didn't have half of the things on the menu and kept having to run to and from the kitchen to check what they did and didn't have. In the end I had coconut pancakes which tasted pretty good but was a small portion and didn't look very appealing, my partner had Custard and Sticky Rice which was basically rice pudding ( which tasted nice) in congealed custard which neither of us could eat as it was very sickly. I also had a coffee which was very strong even though I diluted it with milk, and I am a usually a fan of strong coffee.
When we were presented with the bill we were supposed to get the cheapest starter, main and dessert for free as taste card holders but instead of taking the cheapest main off the menu they took the rice off instead as the said this was " their offer" in three years of using taste card this has never happened before.
So all in all average food, bad service in a loud environment, would not recommend.

2  Thank graph82