“Best place to stay in comparison with other same-star hotels in Manchester”

Arora Hotel Manchester
Ranked #20 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Baku, Azerbaijan
“Best place to stay in comparison with other same-star hotels in Manchester”
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 7 nights during March. In comparison with other couple same level hotels in Manchester, this is the best I could see. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Room is cosy and spacious, bathroom is very clean and cosy. Shower was a little bit leaking when running it but I could fix it on my own .Bed is comfortable.
If you are fan of TIME magazine, you are getting one for free here. The carpet was not the cleanest one, but was okay..There also was enough light in the room. The only bummer I would say was Internet which was 10 pounds...would recommend the hotel to have at least free wi-fi at the reception hall.

Breakfast was good too. Would be back again for my next trip to Manchester.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Hotel has some Cliff Richard themed rooms on request
lovely large and clean rooms
lovely friendly staff
excellent food
nothing too much trouble
right opposite gateway to Chinatown with loads of restaurants
use the trams to get around

West Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 March 2011

My wife and I spent two days in this fine hotel, and the only disappointment was that we had inadequate light over the vanity in the bathroom. We can live with such a minor problem when the room had a refrigerator!, a safe, was very large, had a fine television, spacious bathroom with hand held shower sprayer in the bath, very pleasant staff, etc. We loved this place. Had stayed at the Radisson at the airport and were pleased with it, but this hotel is even better, being convenient walking distance to the downtown. Stay here! We agree with another person's complaint about paying 10 pounds per night for internet access, but that is not uncommon in the UK.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Cheshire
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Wonderful experience! Stayed Saturday 19th March with husband for one night. Needed a nice hotel in the centre and it was certainly that! Booked it with hotelpronto.com which were also very good to deal with.
Pro's
Great location
Car park within 2 minutes walk
Room was spotless & had everything you could possibly need
Bathroom was large and IMMACULATE
Breakfast was great
Staff were SUPERB! Courteous, friendly, helpful yet completely 100% efficient.

Con's
Not one from me!

Very impressed with our experience - as I've said FIRST CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2011

stayed here after reading the wealth of postive reviews given on trip advsor.
the staff were very nice and very helpful. we got lost on the way to the hotel and the staff came out to greet us.
however when we got to the room it was tiny. it was a standard room with nothing nice about it. it was fairly clean expect for the stains on the carpet. the aircon was a night mare. it was to noisy to keep on all night.
The bed size was barely a double.
i wount rate it any more than 3 star and there was nothing worth staing there again for.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
SimonDavisGM, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 7 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing this feedback. I was delighted to read of your positive comments regarding the high level of customer service offered by the team both on your arrival and during your stay.

I was however most concerned to read your comments regarding your disappointment with your room allocation and standard. It was unfortunate that at no time during the course of your stay were we alerted to the fact that you were dissatisfied with a number of in room issues as this would have allowed us the opportunity to rectify matters there and then, to ensure a more comfortable stay.

Please be assured that that your experiences were certainly not typical and I would welcome the opportunity to host you again on any future visits you may have planned to the city and will ensure your stay is more comfortable. Please may I kindly request that should you wish to pursue this offer to contact me directly on simondavis@arorahotels.com so that I may personally arrange your reservation requirements.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of being of service to you again and to welcoming you back to the Arora Manchester.

Yours sincerely
Simon Davis
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I booked this hotel based on the reviews on the Tripadvisor. Here are some of my thoughts:

- Excellent location, you can walk everywhere
- Despite the central location it wasn't noisy (and I am very sensitive to noise). We stayed on the 4th floor. I did mention in my booking that we would like stay on one of the upper floors, and I would recommend to mention that if you worry about noise. My friends stayed on the 1st floor and they said that it was a bit noisy early in the morning (because of the garbage trucks on the street). However we didn't hear anything.
- The room was quite simple but definitely clean.
- We appreciated the fact that there were leaflets and a book about Manchester in our room. It really helped us to plan the trip.
- The staff of the hotel was very nice and friendly.
- The only thing that we were a bit suprised about was our bathroom: under the sink there were some electric wires / gas switches (or what ever they were?) fully exposed. That might be dangerous if you have a small child in the room, or if you spill the water by accident. This did not bother us very much, but it might bother some other customers.
- I cannot say anything about the breakfast because we didn't have it at the hotel

Overall I would say that if you are looking for a good hotel with a central location, this is a good pick for the price. I would definitely stay there again.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We return to Arora because we can rely on everything being just right - comfort, quality & value for money. The Arora Manchester has a relaxed & peaceful atmosphere created by competent & efficient staff.
The hotel itself is clean & modern with efficient lifts.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple