“Good clean hotel average to below average food in restaurant”

Arora Hotel Manchester
Ranked #18 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 6 April 2012

After staying in this hotel for one night, on entering the room we found it to be clean (maybe a few odd bits, but just me being fussy) airy and modern. Wifi very slow but only need be a problem for business residents I should say. Plenty of hot water for showers and complimentary toiletries for use, as were tea and coffee, only problem if there is more than 2 in a room you will have to request more from reception which wouldn't be a problem because they were extremely courteous, bringing our bags etc to our rooms.

Went to the bar where the cocktails were impressive but when going for meal which was included in our bbem package, was sat down straight away and I must say that the food was disappointing and not what was expected in a four star hotel, seemed a bit more bog standard food than the impressive food which I would have expected from the actual ambience of the restaurant!

If I were to stay here again, which I would, I would eat elsewhere, but maybe that is just personal choice!

• Stayed: March 2012
There are newer reviews for Arora Hotel Manchester

Reviewed 2 April 2012

my wife joined me on a short business trip to Manchester. I decided to stay right in the historical city center and in a hotel which is not too big and not too small. The Arora Hotel turned out just perfect. A lovely hotel built inside a historic building. The reception staff was very helpful to print out restaurant tips, call taxis etc. The room was well equipped with a good sized bathroom and high ceiling, overlooking a quiet side street. We were able to walk to most places, City Hall nearby, China Town close, and some excellent restaurants and shopping malls all in walking distance. The main train station (Manchester Piccadilly) with airport link, is a short taxi ride away, without luggage a ten minutes walk to hotel. A must is a visit to the Science Museum explaining Manchesters role in the industrial revolution. Excellent displays of textile and steam machines on the site of the oldest railway station in Europe. Would go back to this hotel also for a short city break.

Room Tip: rooms onto side streets
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The car park is at Saint James Street and looks more like an alley turning than an actual road but the car park is quite modern.

I booked via Last Minutes and paid £85.00 room only. (Cheaper to use the hotel website as breakfast is included)

As we checked in there were groups of Hen parties also checking in which made for a noisey night. On arrival the room was an odd shape the bed right next to the hotel door, our hotel room next to the door by the lift. The room was small and quite dark only a small window for light. From the otherside of the bed you could barely see the television, hence the odd shape. You could hear everyone arriving on the 6th floor from the the conversations/ or schreeching especially when the hens returned back to their rooms.

The bathroom had a disabled shower access, but was adequate.

We had a drink in the basement bar which is trendy, and ate breakfast in the LG restaurant which was average - coffee was very poor and the overall cost £10.00 per head.

On our way out of the room to check out we noticed a maid outside the other rooms, I peaked in they seemed light and airey why I had got a dreadful room I don't know. Avoid 607 it's noisey dark and small and you will not get a good nights sleep.

On check out they tried to charge me for my room again, which had been pre-paid. Overall I would choose another hotel, on our next stay to Manchester as there are a lot to choose from.

Room Tip: 607 is small, noisey, and an odd shape pick another.
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Nice modern hotel, good location, nice friendly staff, you get discount for the nearby ncp car park

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed for 2 days and the location is perfect, close to shops, places to eat, drink and excellent public transport. There's a number 3 bus that takes you to piccadily train station for free, some 5 mins drive away. You wont need a car. The hotel is very clean, good food at reasonable prices. Staff - very helpful and friendly and they work hard to make your stay enjoyable. I would certainly go back and would equally recommend to others.

1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Stayed here friday 23 march 2012.
Room was great
Service was top class
Love the bar
Cannot faulter

Stay here.you won't be dissapointed.!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a short trip to Manchester. This hotel is in a great location - within walking distance to the train station and many shops, resturants, etc.

The receptionists we encountered were polite and helpful, informing us of the deals the resturant had that night. As a resident of the hotel, you recieve 24% off your bill at the resturant, however we chose to go out for dinner so I cannot comment on the food.

The room itself was comfortable,clean and spacious. I liked the large wardrobes, TV that could be rotated and the powerful shower. The pillow was one of the best I have ever slept on! We were on the fifth floor facing a side street, so there was no noise whatsoever from outside. Another thing I liked which helped us get a good night's sleep was the fact that there are lots of doors seperating the rooms so there was no noise from the coridoors.

The room and bathroom were, on first impressions, quite clean, however on closer inspection there was tea stains on the side of the drawers and a hair (not mine!) on the bathroom floor, so I would say they should try not to let the cleaning slip, and maintain what's expected from a 4* hotel.

Overall though, we enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation booking here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple