“Charged for extra's room damage etc,before you check-in,rather off puting”

Arora Hotel Manchester
Ranked #18 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Went with friends for one night! Rather takes the shine off on check in when the receptionist asks for,£50 for extra's and £50 for possible room damage on check_in! Told it will be refunded on credit card in 5 days..bed was comfortable,bar was nice,,what appeared to be the head bar man,seemed more interesed in chatting then serving guests...due to those experience's won't return

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank bistro186233
Write a ReviewReviews (2,670)

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed here for 1 night while attending a conference at the GMEX. I was upgraded to a king size room. It was large and nicely furnished. I had a great nights sleep and enjoyed the breakfast the next morning. It was a buffet but everything was very tasty. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed here recently whilst attending a conference at MCCC (formerly GMEX.) I was impressed from start to finish.
Check in was very friendly, and the porter was helpful with the lift as I had my hands full. My room was quite small but was fine considering I was travelling alone. It was clean and modern and had some nice extra touches such as a heated towel rail, speakers in the bathroom. and iron and ironing board, safe etc. I visited the bar in the basement for a drink with colleagues and the bar man was very helpful and friendly. The drink (mojito classic) was one of the best I've tasted! The bed (a double) was comfy and I slept well. Breakfast is served in the basement next to the bar. There is a reasonable choice, and the cooked breakfast had good quality ingredients. The only thing I found slightly off-putting was that the lighting was very much the kind you would find in a late night bar, so it was quite dark in the room. A nice bright room would have given the place a nicer atmosphere first thing in the morning. Check out was efficient. I would definitely come here again if I was travelling to Manchester on business. It is in a great location (5 mins from MCCC and 5 mins in opposite direction from the train station) and was clean, friendly and good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank hatti10
Reviewed 25 April 2012

this is a great hotel, although we were literally only putting bags in and we were back out again, only staying for one night to see a manu match, 3 adults 1 child, cost str124 for a quadruple room, bit pricey, breakfast not included, however our flight was very early and they did let us check in at a much earlier time of 9am rather than 2pm, so this was great, we weren't hanging around trying to occupy ourselves in the city. Personally i don't think this would suit a family break away, not much in the line of activitles if you had a few kids with you, but the room was spacious, very clean and modern, suited us for what we needed of it, we didn't have any food there so can't comment on this, staff very helpful also and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Was here for a few nights for the Man u -v- Everton match with my boyfriend. This is a great hotel in the heart of the city, the staff are lovely and friendly and very welcoming, the hotel has a great location with a short walk to the main shopping area, great cocktail bar (24 bar) in the hotel.
Great stay overall

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Latinl
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stopped here as part of a group of 7 girls last weekend, for 1 night only. George helped us with the lift!!
We had 2 rooms, each room had 2 double beds, 1 room had more space than the other but still not short of room.
Very clean, no complaints at all.
Shock when I was in the shower when one of the other girls put the tv on and the sound was piped into the bathroom but actually was good.
On the doorstep for the shops and china town, plus a casino across the road.
Will def stop here again!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed for a weekend in Manchester recently to attend a match and stayed at the Arora Hotel. We found it to be excellent and what made it so for us was the helpful and very friendly staff. In particular the porter who assisted us in finding what we wanted and was always on hand to answer any query we had.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family