“Perfect city center location, Close to attractions and nightlife”

Arora Hotel Manchester
Ranked #18 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I chose this hotel as there are no Starwood Hotels in Manchester. We stayed here for 2 nights in the beginning of March 2012. The front desk staff was friendly enough. It's not a long cab ride from the train station. The room was decent. We had a nice sized double room for 3 of us. Room was clean and so was the decent sized bathroom. I will say that the hotel has a sort of upscale hostel thing going on. The corridors are oddly doored off from the elevators, but this might be because this was an old building turned into a hotel at some point. Not sure on that. We didn't eat at the restuarant in the hotel, so I can't comment on it. But the hotel is an easy walk to the sights of Downtown Manchester. There is an excellent Chinese food place on the same street about a block from the hotel as well. The gay bars of Canal Street and surrounding streets are very close to the hotel, stumbling distance. Lots of fun bars in the area. Would definitely stay at this hotel if in Manchester again, just for the location and clean rooms alone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ScottinDC1975

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We went to Manchester for a concert and decided to stop at the Arora, what a good move. Very conveniently situated near the trams. The hotel is a referbished building, the refurbishment is to a very high standard. The staff and the service are excellent nothing is too much trouble. The whole place was very clean and we where upgraded to a suite.
We had a meal in the bar which was excellent and enjoyed a chat with the very friendly barman

Down sides none really except there was a stain on the carpet.
price booked through trip advisor £68 for a four star hotel in the city centre now that is good value

Room Tip: the rooms at the front are best
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NorthEnglandRedwood
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Very Spacious and clean. Bathroom was spacious too. We were expecially satisfied with it as we got the room at a phenomenal price of only 65pounds. (Normal price is 275pounds!!)

We walked for 10 mins from Manchester Picadilly Station to get to the hotel. Hotel was conveniently located with shops & restaurants down the street and Gay Village just 3 mins away.

They have spa in the hotel but we found a Thai massage parlour nearby which was much much cheaper compared to the one offered by the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sing_zana
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed at the Arora for a 2 night city break. We received a warm welcome from reception. We were on the fifth floor which was lovely and quiet. The room was very modern and clean. The bed was really comfy and the room had everything we needed, would definitely stay again!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Numble
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Went with friends for one night! Rather takes the shine off on check in when the receptionist asks for,£50 for extra's and £50 for possible room damage on check_in! Told it will be refunded on credit card in 5 days..bed was comfortable,bar was nice,,what appeared to be the head bar man,seemed more interesed in chatting then serving guests...due to those experience's won't return

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank bistro186233
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed here for 1 night while attending a conference at the GMEX. I was upgraded to a king size room. It was large and nicely furnished. I had a great nights sleep and enjoyed the breakfast the next morning. It was a buffet but everything was very tasty. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed here recently whilst attending a conference at MCCC (formerly GMEX.) I was impressed from start to finish.
Check in was very friendly, and the porter was helpful with the lift as I had my hands full. My room was quite small but was fine considering I was travelling alone. It was clean and modern and had some nice extra touches such as a heated towel rail, speakers in the bathroom. and iron and ironing board, safe etc. I visited the bar in the basement for a drink with colleagues and the bar man was very helpful and friendly. The drink (mojito classic) was one of the best I've tasted! The bed (a double) was comfy and I slept well. Breakfast is served in the basement next to the bar. There is a reasonable choice, and the cooked breakfast had good quality ingredients. The only thing I found slightly off-putting was that the lighting was very much the kind you would find in a late night bar, so it was quite dark in the room. A nice bright room would have given the place a nicer atmosphere first thing in the morning. Check out was efficient. I would definitely come here again if I was travelling to Manchester on business. It is in a great location (5 mins from MCCC and 5 mins in opposite direction from the train station) and was clean, friendly and good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business