“Absolutely brilliant service - and a great night's sleep!”

Arora Hotel Manchester
Ranked #20 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
London
“Absolutely brilliant service - and a great night's sleep!”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I recently got married nearby and we chose to stay in the Arora on our wedding night, as it was the closest hotel. Having been raised in Manchester I haven't stayed in many hotels there as I usually just go to my parent's.

From start to finish the staff were amazingly helpful, friendly and hardworking and we had a really enjoyable stay.

We arrived at midnight after our wedding reception and had been given an upgrade - our room was lovely, modern and clean, with amazing L'Occitane toiletries in the bathroom. All those little details which make a hotel stay had been catered for (my new husband particularly liked the origami swan towel), and as soon as we headed up, there was a knock on the door and a member of staff brought us in a half-bottle of Champagne.

To be honest the most active thing I did on my wedding night was help my husband take off his shoes, then we conked out on the bed! In the morning, I'd had the most amazing night's sleep. Lots of our friends and family had also stayed (if you ask they will give you a discount code for group bookings but I believe there were bargains to be had on hotel-booking websites) so I had breakfast with my new in-laws. The breakfast was really delicious. The room was airy, large and modern, with loads of towels and a huge window.

I'd definitely recommend the Arora to family or friends staying in Manchester.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure to look after you and your wedding party. From all of the team we would like to wish you a long and happy life together.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I went with my family to this hotel for a weekend recently. The Arora is a hotel that we highly recommend. It is spotlessly clean, the staff are professional. We will definitely stay there again.

The Arora is a hotel that we give our highest recommendation.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments about our cleanliness and members of the team, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Midlands
Reviewed 10 May 2013

A conversion from a Victorian Warehouse turned into a comfortable hotel located on one of the main throughfares in Central Manchester, close to China Town.

Stayed for 2 nights & benefittted from the 20% discount promotion for 2 nights stay, booked directly on the hotels own website.

Approx 10 mins walk to Piccadilly Station in one direction and the same down to Spiningfields/Deansgate Area and the financial district, 5 mins walk from gay village. There is a metro station close by in St Peters Square.
Limited meter parking is available in the side street adjacent to the hotel, these operate 8.00am to 8.00pm Monday to Sunday, however on Bank Holidays they are free except when there are big events on in the City (Pride etc). But be warned the wardens are vigilent.

Reception staff were welcoming & efficient. Access to the lift to the bedrooms is controlled by your door key card, so security is good.

Our room was quiet and clean, over looking a tiny side street, well equipped with TV, tea/coffee facilities, free safe, iron & ironing board, workstation, the minibar is unstocked so you can fill with your own drinks if needed, plenty of storage space, good blackouts, the bed was comfortable but perhaps too soft for some people.
The bathroom was of a reasonable size with bath/shower combination, good quality towels,large steam free mirror, magnifying shaving mirror, Gilcrest & Soames soap,gel & shampoo there is a loud speaker link from the TV into the bathroom and good lighting.

If you are booked on a room only there are a number of places where you can get breakfast close by.

Good value when you stay on the two night deal.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive comments we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.
London
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night during the week for business trip. Having read other reviews, my review could be seen as harsh, but having travelled to 30 countries for business and pleasure, I felt this hotel was ok but not outstanding.

Location - It was in good walking distance to financial and shopping districts and train station. However, the location was quiet and lacked atmosphere.

Service - Friendly, polite reception and breakfast staff, but I did not feel anyone went beyond normal customer service.

Room- It was big, clean comfortable but was on the ground floor next to noisy car park and bins.

Internet - I paid for 24 hours wifi but unfortunately it was not working.

Food - breakfast adequate - there were hot buffet as well as cold options but there were no water dispensers.

Gym - consist of 2 treadmills and couple of other machines and some hand weights.

Overall, if I return to Manchester, I am not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to write a review your feedback is extremely important to us.
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I travel alot due to my job. I was professionally welcomed and enjoyed the same courtesy throughout my stay. I pay particular attention to the evenings as I was out during the day. The bar area and restaurant were inviting, spacious and relaxing, with a mixture of seating areas and styles, it made for a wonderful experience. A big thank you to the hotel staff. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: My corner suite was a very large room :-)
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for your positive comments on our hotel we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed with 2 friends for a long weekend in a triple room while visiting family. Very comfortable very clean and spacious for 3 adults. Will definitely stay again. In a good location. F
Breakfast was very good and nicely presented in the dining room.
Staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay in one of our large double double rooms, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed 6 May 2013

this is our first trip to Manchester and we were very happy with the location of the hotel. The staff front of house where very helpful and tentative. we ate in the hotel restaurant for our evening meal and the food was excellent , as were the cocktails. I would defiantly recommend this hotel for people wanting a central location with excellent service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and your experience in our bar and restaurant.