Princess St. Hotel
Hotel Gotham(Manchester)
New Union Hotel(Manchester)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,809 results
All reviewsarora hotelpremier kingart gallerygreat hotelcentral locationq parktwo double bedsgood sizethe ground floorroom was spaciousreception staffvisit manchestercar parkhotel barwould stay againsaturday nightbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Arora hotel was immaculate. The reception staff were very welcoming, especially rheannon. She greeted us very nicely. Our room was absolutely gorgeous, the housekeepers were aware we were staying for our anniversary so there were many sweet touches. The room was very clean and felt homely. I especially loved the black marble bathroom! The bar staff were brilliant. So friendly and down to earth and made us feel comfortable during the evening. Breakfast was also brilliant. The staff were so lovely, especially Amanda and Natalie. The buffet was nice yet affordable. The only fault of the night was the aircon, I didn't seen to realise the difference between hot and cold but the comfy duvet was all we needed anyway! We had a fab night and afternoon! Just to add, I've stayed at the lowry hotel in the past but I must say, your rooms and staff are much more stylish and welcoming! We will both be looking forward to stay again, thankyou!

• Stayed: September 2013
Martin J, General Manager at Princess St. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Emsxox

Thanks for the super review, it is nice to hear that the team went the extra mile to ensure you had a great guest experience I will cetainly pass on your comments.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We found the staff on reception to be extremely helpful and polite, we rang ahead of arriving to ask about parking they give you a voucher so its only £16 for 24 hours which is good as its very central. We had booked a Double Double Room as it looked good on the website photo and it was a very large and clean room. I hadn't realised that the hotel is or was part owned by Sir Cliff Richards but they don't advertise that fact,,,which is good . The bar area was very quiet when we went in but that was perhaps because it was only 3pm in the afternoon. I couldn't see the point of the mini bar as it was empty and the usual short supply of tea and coffee which I tend to find in most hotels nowadays but I couldn't really fault this hotel for price and location and helpful staff especially the young chinese lady. Well done.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SkiledOne
Martin J, General Manager at Princess St. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear SkiledOne

Thanks for the glowing review, the minibars are for your own use so you can keep your wine and beers cool.
I will certainly pass on your comments to Susan she is a star.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Fantastic hotel in a great location! Free wifi in the downstairs bar is handy! Rooms are lovely and very comfortable to stay in! Would go there again no problem loved it! Great location to bus stops, restaurants, pubs and shopping! Very friendly and helpful staff too!

• Stayed: June 2013

Hi Scott

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at Arora for 3 Nights with my girlfriend end of August. We were on a weekend break away from London.We arrived early at 12 but check in is at 2PM but we were allowed to check in which was very great.We checked into a very clean spacious room everything was just perfect.We really like Arora as it is centrally located and everything is within easy reach. We also checked out the trendy bar at the basement and we had some really good cocktails during their happy hour, have a wide selection of cocktails and the bar if fully stocked.
I would definitely stay at Arora and I would recommend it to anyone.

Kevin

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank AfroNomadUK

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the great review we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights because we were attending a friend's wedding at the art gallery across the road and it was the recommended accommodation.

The rooms were clean and quite large. There was a mini bar but nothing in it. To be honest, apart from the size, the room wasn't any better than a travel lodge or premier inn.

The staff were pleasant enough to us and we didn't have problems on that front.

We spent some time in the hotel bar (really good cocktails). I ordered a steak sandwich, which I found disappointing. The chips were clearly frozen oven chips that hadn't been cooked very well and the bread was that thin cheap bread. It would have been nicer if it was thicker bread. It wouldn't have fallen apart so easily then and tasted much nicer.

Later on that evening when my husband and I were at the bar ordering some drinks when the nice bar lady said someone else had been using our room number to charge drinks to! She didnt ask for ID or anything yet knew it wasnt the person's room! Sure enough when we checked out we were told our bar bill was £46! We'd been paying as we had bought so knew this was odd, aside from the fact the bar lady had already informed us someone was using our room number. The receptionist only showed us a receipt when we asked (no itinerary of our spend before you pay when we checked out like you'd normally get from a hotel) and then when we asked to see the receipts we would have to have signed they didn't have any record of them! They had to wipe the £46 bill of drinks in the end because they couldn't prove it was us who had signed for the drinks. Seems pointless getting you to sign for things if they arent going to keep them. It shows how easy it is to charge something to someone else's room without any proof of who they are and if that is ACTUALLY their room.

We got a cheaper rate for the car park through the hotel. Unfortunately when the receptionist gave us our 2 tickets she numbered them incorrectly so we spent a good 25 minutes speaking to the car park staff to prove we'd paid for the parking etc. was a bit of a pain but got sorted eventually.

I have to say, overall, there are better places to stay and I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lyndsay T

Dear Lyndsay,

Thank you for taking time to write a review your feedback is extremely important to us; I am sorry to hear that you found aspects of your stay disappointing and I will thoroughly investigate your comments.