“Fantastic hotel!!!”

Ranked #20 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel!!!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Arora for one night and it was the first time we'd stayed there. It definitely won't be the last. Very friendly and helpful staff on the desk. The room was fantastic, comfortable beds and very clean. Went to the 24 bar & grill for cocktails which were 2for1 between 5pm & 7pm (nice!!) breakfast maybe slightly expensive, but I've paid more for a lot less, breakfast was lovely, and staff in the restaurant in the morning were most helpful and cheerful. Really can't fault this hotel, I don't usually write reviews but I enjoyed my stay here that much I felt I had to! Will look forward to my next visit.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Maddiefoley,

Thank you for taking time to write a review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and the cocktails in 24 Bar & Grill.

Martin Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Minehead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed for a long weekend to watch MU playing at home. Ideal location in the centre of Manchester, easy access to the Metro. The room was clean and well equipped but boringly dull only one picture on the wall. The set residents menu was the same for all 4 nights! We only had it one night, it was good but certainly would have struggled for 2 nights. Breakfast usual buffet style nothing outstanding. Reception staff were very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Koolant

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay but a little surprised you found our rooms dull but it would be unusual if we all like the same things. Our restaurant, 24 Bar & Grill offers a full ala carte menu as well as daily specials, a bar menu and for our residents a reduced price 2 or 3 course menu which includes a glass of wine at £20.95 for 3 courses, admittedly the menu only changes monthly but I believe we still offer a wide choice. Our unlimited breakfast buffet at only £10.00 if pre-booked offers a great choice of freshly prepared hot and cold choices along with a selection of dishes from eggs Benedict to kippers which are cooked to order.

New Orleans, LA
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is by far by first choice for stays in Manchester. The website often runs specials that are very convenient. This stay, I used the 3 nights, 30% off, which brings the price into my budget. Unfortunately, on this trip, I had to change dates. There was quite a mix up with the charges. Part was my fault, because I did not double check my credit card statements, and part with the reservations desk not taking the payment. Nonetheless, this only affected my stay marginally.

The front desk personnel are always very friendly and helpful. Myself and a few other guests were wanting to watch the American Super Bowl, but the bar/restaurant closes early on Sunday. We ended up watching it in the lobby, and the staff were so very accommodating.

The rooms, as always, were clean and modern. Plenty of room, with windows that open, and often a nice view of the city. The walls are thick so that I never hear any other guests. The bathrooms are well accommodated with designer products and rather large by normal standards.

The lines are always clean and fluffed. The beds are comfortable, that I relish the idea of making it to Manchester, where I holiday and sleep in late, flipping through the channels and just luxuriating in a big, comfortable bed. It's usually just my stomach grumbling for breakfast that drags me out of bed. The buffet breakfast is quite good. I do not actually like the cost of it. More times than not, I go around the corner to a café and get a hot sandwich and tea for a 1/3 of the price. But, the hotel restaurant is convenient and the food is good.

Arora Manchester is an excellent hotel for any type of trip. The front desk staff are very helpful and accessible. The hotel itself is very nice, and in a very good location. Just around the corner is st peters tram which will take you to any part of the city. I make it to Manchester 3 or 4 times a year, and always try to match my travel dates with price specials from this hotel.

Room Tip: I almost always get the room next to the elevators, and I have to say that I do not hear them that o...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Hi tdk

Thanks for the glowing feedback, delighted the team looked after you for the Super Bowl, we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 February 2014

If you are looking for a luxurious hotel, the Arora is unlikely for you. On the over hand, if you want a clean, spacious room with a comfortable bed, a good sized bathroom with nice products and friendly staff, it is a winner.

The 24 Bar & Grill downstairs also holds its own, providing a decent burger and laying on a good breakfast with quality produce - the eggs and black pudding were excellent. The gym is small, but there is enough equipment available for a decent workout.

As other reviewers mention, the hotel is conveniently located both to piccadilly station (10 minute walk) and the Arndale shopping centre (8 minute walk), providing a good centre location to explore from. Would return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Luke

Thank you for taking time to write a review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and your experience in our bar and restaurant.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. There was a small problem with my booking that could have been very easily solved but staff left me and my friends sitting in the reception area for an hour and a half. With no other choice, as it was nearly midnight, we had to book into a different hotel rather than be left on the side of the road. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank PJ K
Dear Guest,

A harsh and unfair review considering the facts.

1. We have never advertised nor have any rooms with 3 beds.
2. Your confirmation clearly states a room with 2 double beds.
3. We offered to put a roll away bed in the room which you declined.
4. We offered a complementary second room for the first night so the issue could be revisited the following morning, which you declined.

Hardly poor customer service.
south wales
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We had a two night stay in this hotel and highly recommend it. A 10 minute walk from Piccadilly train station, 15 minute walk to the Arndale centre and right in the heart of Chinatown, location wise it's great. We were in Manchester for an away game at Old Trafford so were more than happy that the tram stop was around the corner from the hotel.

Check in was quick and we were in the room within five minutes. The room was large with a comfortable double bed and modern bathroom. Not much of a view as it looked out onto the street, but we didn't hear the traffic. Didn't eat the food as there are plenty of restaurants nearby, but we tried the basement bar which was nice but pricey. The only gripe, as usual in the UK, no free wifi.

We had a lovely stay here and would definitely consider staying here next time we're in Manchester.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Ell33

Thank you for your positive comments on our hotel we are pleased you enjoyed your stay, whilst we do only give 30 minutes free Wi-Fi in the hotel it is totally free and unlimited in the bar and restaurant.

MartinJones
Manchester
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I'm from Asia and stayed in Arora three days. The good points are: now they provide wifi and breakfast has lots of option. The main problem is from one girl in reception. Not thin, with glasses. Two days before, I was waiting in the line to ask her about the travel. In front of me is an American tourist. I can clearly feel the different attitude towards me and him. Very impatient and she didn't even look at me. Come on, I'm not a fool. Last night, I asked her about if they have free shaver for guest. Again, very impatient. I will give you three stars if the bad attitude is for all guest. But not! I'm very upset about this. You are running a hotel. You are serving customers. Not I'm begging you! Maybe you will feel ok if you from Europe. But please think the money you spent on is a racism hotel! I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED!!!! I don't need your general manger apologize here. Meaningless!

• Stayed January 2014
5 Thank Disappointed-arora
Dear Guest,

We at the Arora are team of mixed nationalities providing exceptional standards of service to a well travelled worldwide audience; in all my time here I have never heard of any incident of racism towards either fellow employees or guests. Customer satisfaction is the highest priority in our business and will go out of our way to provide this and I will openly apologise if we ever fail to deliver, but on this occasion I am pleased to hear you do not want an apology. On a final note I am most disappointed with Tripadvisor for allowing a review to remain on their site which wrongly accuses a member of my team of racism.