“Very nice....but ruined by lack of sleep”

Arora Hotel Manchester
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
York
“Very nice....but ruined by lack of sleep”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

hotel centrally positioned within easy walking distance of City Centre/shops and tourist attractions. we stayed here for 1 night to attend a concert at The Phones 4 U Arena which was only a 15 minute walk away. On arrival the entrance was clean airy, plenty of staff and check in was quick and effortless. the room was a good size, very clean very well appointed with hair dryer iron in-room safe and a selection of shampoo soap and toiletries. the bathroom was very large with shower/bath excellent amount of hot water with a good pressure. the room was air-conditioned and miraculously this was needed as the weather in mid June was most un-Manchester like. the big draw back of the room was the bed. we were told in advance that we had a queen sized bed, it most certainly wasn't, it was a standard double at best, but the biggest problem was that the mattress was sunken in the centre which caused us both to roll into the centre of the bed several times during the night. the pillows were also too thin to be of any support. we asked for more and very quickly 2 more were brought but again these were so thin they gave no support. another small thing that i know can not be helped is the depressing view of a concrete office block from the room window. In short room 418 very nice, very clean but desperately needs a new bed

Room Tip: room at side of hotel was noisey around 6am due to bins being emptied nearby
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonathan G, Front Office Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear David

Thank you for your feeback again your last visit.
I am pleased to see that you found all members of staff friendly and helpful and that your bedroom was clean and tidy for your stay.

I am disappointed to hear that you didnt have a good nights sleep hear at the hotel. We are currently in the process of changing your mattress so ensure all our guests get a great nights sleep. Please accept my apologies and if you are ever back in Manchester please contact myself directly and i wll be more than happy to look after your reservation for you.

Jonathan Grieve
Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Brigg, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Went with the family on a Saturday night and the room was excellent and plenty of room for the kids.
The hotel is ideally located in the centre of Manchester giving easy access to all the restaurants and attractions. Will use again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jonathan G, Front Office Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Paul

Thank you for the review that you left about your last stay at the Arora Hotel Manchester.

I am also pleased that your kids had lots of space with play with in the room.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Arora Hotel in Manchester in the not to distant future.

Jonathan Grieve
Front Of House Manager
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight to see one direction at the etihad stadium, hotel was in a great location near the Arndale shopping centre and restaurants. Room was very clean and very spacious particularly the bathroom. Staff very friends particularly a waitress who served our table at breakfast who gave us information about getting to and from the Trafford centre. Would definitely stay here again! Great hotel for a great price :-)

• Stayed May 2014
Martin J, Front Office Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Katie

Thank you for a great review of our Hotel.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will pass on your comments to the Head Housekeeping about how clean you found your bedroom.

Looking forward to welcoming you back, if you are ever back in Manchester

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at the Arora for one night 8/6/14 just so that we could go to Socceraid at Old Trafford The room was spacious and very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful, giving us directions etc and the room service was good. The tram station at St Peters square is literally one minutes walk away, making it easy to get to old Trafford and also back to Manchester Piccadilly by just travelling 2 or 3 stops. Although i had read reviews that breakfast was not good, we really enjoyed ours, buffet style, food was hot, plenty of choice and excellent service. We would defnately stay there again. ;)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear John

Thank you for a great review, and I am glad that you found the staff helpful and freindly. I will pass your comments onto the staff.

Thank you again for staying at the Arora Hotel and Manchester, looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cheshire
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I telephoned to reserve a room the day before I required it and the lady I spoke to was really helpful. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from Picadilly Station and was in an ideal location in Manchester.

I had asked for a high up quiet room and that is exactly what I got. Our room was on the 5th floor and was lovely and clean. The bathroom was large and had a larger than average bath with a gorgeous shower. We had a really comfy double bed and we had a great nights sleep. The room had tea/coffee facilities and freeview TV.

The staff in the hotel were fab. We came in at 11.30 at night starving and ordered sandwiches and crisps which were brought up to the room within 10 minutes and they were divine.

I would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2014
Martin J, Front Office Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for a great review about the Hotel.

I will pass on your comments to the Night team with regardings to your Room Service at Night.

I am glad to hear you found the bedroom clean and tidy, which I will pass the comments onto our housekeeping department.

Whitley Bay
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Arora as part if a hen party in May. The hotel is clean and the staff are really helpful and friendly. I was particularly impressed with the bar staff who went out of their way to be helpful.
Slightly disappointed in the lack of kettle/coffee etc in the room, forcing the expense of room service for a cuppa in the morning after a heavy night. However, the bed was the most comfortable I've slept in and I could have slept the weekend away rather than go out.
If I was staying in Manchester again, I would probably revisit this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for writing a good review regarding your last visit to The Arora Hotel Manchester.

I have passed your comments onto our Housekeeping department about the Tea and Coffee making facilities, as we do currently have them in all bedrooms and they are to be found under the TV in the drawer.

Again thank you for staying at the Arora Hotel Manchester, and looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had been given tickets to see Judith Durham and The Seekers concert in the Bridgewater Hall.
My wife and I decided to 'make a night of it' by booking a hotel for the visit. After doing a bit of on-line research we chose The Arora for our stay and were totally satisfied with the place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Warringtonian1673
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
That you for a great review of the Hotel and I am glad that you looked to have enjoyed it.

Looking forward to welcoming you both back to the Arora Hotel Manchester in the future