“Great location, friendly staff”

Arora Hotel Manchester
Ranked #20 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Melbourne
“Great location, friendly staff”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We are currently on a 5 week honeymoon and came to Manchester to see friends. We wanted a central location as we were only staying for 2 days.

The Arora is close to everything and you can walk everywhere. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and breakfast was superb.

We will be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonathan G, Front Office Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for a great review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon hear in Manchester.
I will pass on your comments about how friendly the staff were, thank you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Arora Hotel Manchester soon.

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed with two friends last Saturday night - we were so sorry we weren't staying longer but will definitely be back! From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty, there is a very handy set-down spot outside the entrance and two lovely gentlemen from the hotel greeted us and brought our bags in. We arrived early but there was no problem leaving our luggage in a secure place while we went to explore Manchester. Arrived back to the Hotel later and we were checked in by the extremely friendly and helpful Ahmed, he, like all the staff of this lovely Hotel made us feel so welcome and just couldn't do enough to make our stay a memorable one. Our room was perfect, two large beds and a great bathroom - had a snooze on the comfortable beds then went down town for the evening. Arrived back to the Hotel Cocktail Bar at about 10 and didn't leave until 2 a.m., there is such a great selection of cocktails and at two for £10 we had to sample as many as possible! They were all delicious but we've a few more to try so we'll be back again to go through the rest of the extensive list. We couldn't recommend this Hotel highly enough, great location, great staff and so comfortable. We will be back and this time we'll start Riverdance a bit earlier! Well done to all of the Staff at The Arora Manchester. :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear

Than kyou very much for a great review about the Hotel.

I am glad to hear you were very happy with the service you got from all departments.
I will let the team on the cocktail bar aware that you had a great night trying all the different cocktails.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My work means that I have to stay in Manchester, Monday to Friday, and as a result, I am very selective about where I want to stay. I was lucky to find the Arora 6 months ago and I've returned to stay each week ever since.

The friendly, welcoming reception and waiting staff (a special shout out to Lindsay and Gosia) give a professional customer service. The rooms are clean, spacious and the beds are comfy. The bathrooms have a luxurious feel, with quality toiletries and fluffy towels facilitating many hot bubble baths.

The breakfasts are first class and I heartily recommend the Eggs Benedict.

The Arora is ideally located; being just around the corner from my office and when I'm not at work, I can easily enjoy Manchester's many restaurants and bars. It's five minutes walk to the shops in Market Street and 2 minutes to the nearest tram stop, if you wish to explore further afield.

I thoroughly recommend the Arora for any business or leisure stays in Manchester.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nicola

Thank you so much for the kind words you said about the hotel.

I will make sure i pass on your comments to Linzi and Gosia and i am sure they would to hear what kind words you said.

I am sure i will see you back on Monday.
Again Thank you for a great review

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The two best things about this hotel are the location and the staff. It is very central - right next to all of the shops, theatres, the town hall, art gallery etc and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. But the rest of its features are pretty underwhelming. The view from our window was of a brick wall and a car park, there was no hot water on our first evening/morning (although they did discount our rate on request), the breakfast was very average - and served in a dark empty basement, the wifi isn't free, and our room still hadn't been finished by 3pm on the second day of our stay, even though we had been out since 9am! |So, in summary very nice staff but next time I will save my money and go to a Premier Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank anth0ny1977
Dear Anthony

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to see you found our staff very friendly and halpful.
I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your breakfast, I have already past your comments over to our Head Chef, who would also like to apologies about the food too.
I have spoken to our Head Housekeeper about your room not being serviced and she is investigating the matter.
Please contact myself if you are looking to come back to manchester and i will take care of your reservation for you.

0161 236 8999
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Loved this hotel.... The room was very spacious, had everything you can possibly need... Very clean, lovely colour theme. Had an evening meal and breakfast here and both where fantastic, the restaurant is beautiful and the bars right next door... The chef was every bit as good as the menu mentioned with him being from Michelin star restaurants before...

I loved the bar... Never seen so many diff types of liquor... Sam and Natalie were working and they were so great, always smiling and pleasant to talk too. Sam made me a Sam Special cocktail that was sooo nice... The cocktail school was on and a hen doo where taking it in turns to make cocktails, it was so funny watching them try... a really nice touch and made the atmosphere so good we ended up staying in Bar 24 all night and never ventured into Manchester...

I couldnt find fault, i had water in my room and kettle with instant coffee... also a cafetiere aswell.. I ordered a coffee on room service and they came within 5 minutes, was very impressed.. I didnt pay for wifi because your allowed half an hour anyway and its free in the bar and restaurant anyway...

Really enjoyed my stay, im going to two stag doos soon in manchester and i will definitely be booking here ...

Room Tip: I stayed in an exec room... cudnt fault it...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Matthew

Thank you for the kind words about how you enjoyed your stay hear at The Arora Manchester.

I will speak to Sam and Natalie and let them both know your enjoyed there cocktails.

Thank youagain for a great review and looking forward to welcoming you back to the Arora Hotel Manchester soon

rossendale
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from stay here couldn't fault it,from the moment we checked in by very knowledgable and friendly receptionist who informed us of what was going on on the city ,offering us a map of the area and telling about the various offers they had at the hotel .Hotel is located within easy walking distance to St. Peter's square and the arndale centre,excellent sized rooms with free wifi and drink making facilities,iron and ironing board and safety deposit box. We have rebooked to go again in December when the German markets are on .

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jeanie

Thank you very much for a great review of the hotel.

I am pleased that the Front of House staff you meet were all friendly and helpful.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Arora Hotel Manchester soon

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed here for a weekend whilst attending a concert in the city. It is in perfect location, a few minutes walk to all of the shopping district and main city centre. I would ask for a room not on the ground floor though because there was a bit of noise coming in from the street. But overall very clean hotel with nice friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonathan G, Front Office Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Sarah

Thank you for the great review about the Arora Hotel Manchester.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your visit to Manchester.
I will pass your comments over to the Head Housekeeper about how clean your rooms was.

Thank you again for visitng us and looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.