“Very good choice”
Review of Princess St. Hotel

Princess St. Hotel
Ranked #17 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Excellent hotel, right in the centre near the city hall and art gallery. Nearby tram stop and city centre all walkable. Lovely Victorian building that has been thoroughly modernised inside. Nice contemporary style with reasonably spacious, comfortable room. Very friendly, helpful staff who took the time to chat, point out local features, recommend and offer to book restaurants etc.

We were on the fifth floor, which is above the roof line, and probably helps reduce street noise, as well as giving a better view/light.

The restaurant does surprisingly good food - better than the 'grill' that it bills itself as, and there is an excellent Chinese restaurant very near. Breakfast also good.

Parking is easy enough (nearby car park), though the access to it is easy to miss as it's not well signed and down a narrow side street. Also be prepared to be bamboozled by the local traffic system, especially while the work for the new tram line is continuing.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors - as mentioned above.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank indie-travellers
Jonathan G, Front Office Manager at Princess St. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Indie_travellers

Thank you for the great review that you left about the hotel.

I am happy to see that reception were able to help you in all areas of your stay.
I am pleased to see that you were able to enjoy our 24 Bar and Grill hear at the hotel too.

Again thank you for the great review and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Front of House Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,719)

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Arora Hotel for a one night stay. I got a fantastic price on Booking.com ( 3 times cheaper to what I usually pay for hotels in Manchester) So was eager to see what it would be like.
Check-in was some what slow but I think that was Booking.com error who hadnt forwarded the reservation over. For the inconvenience we were given a free room upgrade which was a nice touch to a Superior Double.
The room was spacious and very clean. It lacked any special touches which I'm used too in other hotels but if your looking for a clean hotel with decent rooms it fits the bill.
We didnt have breakfast there so can't comment but for the price we got a bargain.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank nikki00179

Dear Nikki00179

Thank you for the review that you left about the hotel.

I am pleased to see that reception were able to fix the error with your reservation and were able to offer you an upgraded room.

Looking for ward to see you again

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I do love the Arora hotel. As a business traveler, i have returned several times and have always received stellar service. George is always a welcome sight at the front door as he seems to love helping me and my colleagues with our luggage up the steps. Check in is fast and I find the rooms quite cozy. The location cannot be beat as it is steps from everything-shopping, chinatown, dining. My favorite place to start out my night is at the bar's happy hour. A great stay in the heart of Manchester-don't hesitate to book!

Room Tip: ask for a front facing corner room on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank stacy y

Dear Stacy

Thank you for the great review that you left about the hotel.

I am pleased to see that George was there to help you at the front of the hotel.

We are lucky to have a great location hear in manchester which i am pleased to see that you took advantage of.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed her in October and have to say it was lovely. We did the romance package which was excellent value for money. We had champagne and chocolate coated strawberries in the room and robes and slippers. Also we pre booked our breakfast and had a lovely breakfast in bed. The location is brilliant whether your wanting a shopping spree in the day or a party at night. Parking is only around the corner and again is in a perfect location. If I returned to Manchester for value for money, location, service of staff and a decent standard of room I would defiantly return.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank holidayme124

Dear Holidayme124

Thank you very much for the kind words that you said about the hotel.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed the little extras that were put in your room to make sure stay extra special.

Looking forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Very comfortable, quiet and clean with all the amenities one would want. Room was unusually large with two beds and am en suite bath. The shower/bath was also large with very nice water pressure which made for a refreshing shower. Large television with good selection of channels. Location in Manchester is central. My job required me to sleep during the day and it was very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Betty L

Dear Betty

Thank you for the kind words that you said about the hotel.
I am pleasedd to see that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and that you were able to have a pleasent and quite stay.

Looking forward to see you again soon

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just back from another lovely stay at the Arora. Same high standards ,good food and pleasant helpful staff. Left a phone charger in room when checking out but cost of posting it to me seems excessive at £ 8.30 , probably to do with British postal rates moral of the story don't leave anything behind.No other issues and happy to stay there again soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vincent o

Dear Vincnet

Thank you for the review.
I believe that you have being speaking to our Head Housekeeper about your charger and and I am please to hear from her that, this is now all sorted.

Looking forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner over with my fiancée in room 321, loved the room but was in need of a little revamp. Lindsay and Chris on reception were great.

We did eat in the restaurant but wasn't great. The restaurant manager I think? (tall lady) was very abrupt and condescending at times. Natalie cheered us up after the meal with cocktails at 2 for £10 (bargain)!

I would defiantly recommend to work friends and family.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kello476
Jane O, General Manager at Princess St. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Kello476,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your recent experience following on from your stay at the Arora Hotel - Manchester.

Whether feedback is positive or negative it always help us strive to improve our quality and service.

All of the bedrooms have been recently re-decorated and we are currently in the process of looking to enhance the rooms even further, so watch this space......

It is always great when the team get personal mentions so thank you for sharing this feedback with us.

I was however disappointed to read that you didn’t have a great experience in the restaurant, this will be addressed personally by myself but again great to read that Natalie cheered you up with some of our fantastic cocktails.

Again, thank you for your feedback it is much appreciated.

Regards,