“Lovely hotel well worth paying for if you value your comfort”

Arora Hotel Manchester
Ranked #20 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel well worth paying for if you value your comfort”
Reviewed 13 May 2010

This was the hotel where my company put me up at when I was working on a long contract in the Manchester area. Lovely rooms, excellent breakfasts, wonderful location. If you get bored in the evenings, you have excellent nightlife at your door step in central Manchester only a stone's throw away.

Very friendly staff who were most helpful - apart from when it gets manic during breakfast time. But otherwise they were okay. There is an internet facility but it is not free and somewhat pricey. No pool though.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2010

My specific requests of a hotel room are always "quiet room" and "good airconditioning" in order to ensure a peaceful environment for a good nights sleep. And all this whilst needing to be in the middle of a city, in walking distance to my meetings, the shops and good restaurants. The Arora provided all of this together with a friendly and efficient team of staff. No reason to stay anywhere else in Manchester if you are down for a city break or business.(I wish I could find such a great combination in London!)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Caitya
under the toadstool
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Reception staff are lovely really helpful & friendly, we were offered anupgrade to a room on ground floor but was told this is near a bar that stays open till 2am and as we were not planning a late night we declined this

Our room was spacious plenty of wardrobe & storage space, there is a safe for your use, an iron/ board and a mini fridge is provided but didn't appear to be on and I couldn't find an on switch!
Tea/ coffee facilities in room but only two mugs

2 double beds in rooms comfortable & clean crisp bed linen slept really well didn't hear any noise all night.

Bathroom is a good size & shower was nice & powerful, one thing that would have been nice was if there had been three towels as we had booked for three.

We paid £85 three adults one night room only onine so it was not a bad price, we were offered breakfast at a discount rate of £10 per head for ful english or £7.50 per head continental but we chose to visit the pub up the road and had breakfast for the three of us for under £12

Parking is nearby and offers a discount rate for hotel guests up to 24 hours is £15.00

Nice central location within easy access of shops and attractions

I would certainly look at this hotel again if we were ever in the area and would recommend it to my friends

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cheekyfairy
Ulverston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Our 1st time at Arora.The staff were all very helpful ,nice rooms,good location,breakfast was amazing.We've stayed in a few hotels in Manchester and always been dissapointed but not this time can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Let me preface this review first by saying that I'm extremely picky about where I stay. I easily get annoyed by noises that travel in the hallways and through walls and I always examine my bedsheets for cleanliness and critters. That being said I have to say that this hotel was by far one of the best I've seen in Manchester. The rooms were clean and the SHOWER HAD EXCELLENT WATERPRESSURE!! I was fed up with hotels with mediocre showers. This was a refreshing change. The decor was modern and the room smelled clean.
The way the interior of the hotel is constructed it doesn't project too much sound and I was able to get some good sleep without hearing my neighbors' tvs or noise in the halls. The staff was super friendly and responded admirably, even though I did have one too many requests.
The only drawbacks to this hotel was the TV (Although I'm not sure if this is an England thing or a hotel thing.) They had little selection on channels and even pay per view had a small variety. There aren't microwaves in the rooms. However they did have one on another floor that you can use and when I needed something heated up the hotel staff actually heated it up for me and served it to my room with dinnerware as a courtesy. A big let down was the internet connectivity. You had to pay for internet access each day. It was cheaper for me to go to an internet cafe than to use the internet in the hotel. That was a let down.
If you stay anywhere I would recommend this place. Even though the exterior is misleading the interior has a very clean and modern look. I even felt secure because you need a room key to access the elevator to get upstairs. That prevents people from walking off the streets and through the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone unless you're the type that spends thier whole vacation in the room and rely on the tv or internet for entertainment.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Stayed here at The Arora for two nights. Reception staff were very helpful and well informed about local attractions. Rooms were large and spacious with air conditioning that was easy to use. The beds were amazing with good blackout curtains. The only niggle we had was the staff began work just after 6.30 each morning and you could hear the laundry doors, which were right next to our room, being continually opened. right Apart from that , no complaints. We didn't book breakfast but with a few good options literally across the road this wasn't a problem.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Dudley, West Midlands
Reviewed 28 April 2010

Stayed at hotel for event at MEN Arena which we found very easy to walk to from the hotel.

Although the hotel is in a very good location close to restaurants and bars and easy acess to shops it is very average. The room itself was of a reasonable size with plenty of light from the big window and was very clean. The bathroom had a very small shower which kept alternating between hot and cold which was irritating. The bed was very uncomfortable and the tv was very outdated and difficult to watch due to its posistion very high up.

Overall for the money we paid (£63 special offer through internet travel company) the hotel was ok, but I would have been very dissapointed if we had paid the higher prices on the hotel website as I feel it was no better than a Premier Inn.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple