“great location and great value!”

Arora Hotel Manchester
Ranked #20 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“great location and great value!”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

This hotel was such good value, it was only £77 between two of us for a saturday night, the room was large and modern. The hotel is within walking distance of the main shops, and only a short taxi drive to the Northern quarter or Printworks if you're after the nightlife!
It also has a lovely cocktail bar attached to the hotel, a bit expensive but nice for starting the night! I will be using this hotel for my next trip to manchester!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Many rooms have poor, erratic or non-existant mobile phone reception so we missed several important calls and texts. Broadband is fixed and relatively slow, occasionally unreliable and you have to reboot - not good for large downloads/videos etc as we were using. So if on business go somewhere the technology works and which has wifi. At £10/day broadband here is not good value.
Service variable, food orders frequently wrong and slow, particularly poor when trying to have a quick breakfast. Some delightful reception staff, some ditzy ones making mistake after mistake so again not what you need on business.
Some of our rooms were disturbed by outside noise so sleep affected

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank Scorecounsellor
SimonDavisGM, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 18 October 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am writing as the General Manager of the Arora Manchester to sincerely apologise for the inconsistencies you experienced during your stay. There is no doubt that we fell below your expectations and I hope that I can answer some of your queries here.

Our broadband service in the room is as you correctly mentioned a fixed connection. Wifi is available in all our public areas and is accessible free of charge to guests who had previously connected to the network through their in room portal.

I am disappointed to learn that managing downloads was relatively slow and unreliable as our connection is monitored regularly on a remote basis by our service provider. The speeds provided should by all accounts allow for an event free download and video usage. Following your comments we have commissioned a full diagnostic test on all room ports and connection speeds and I am confident that this will allow us to address any inconsistencies that are highlighted.

The loss of mobile phone signal was something we were not aware of and appreciate your comments highlighting the erratic nature of signal you experienced. As with the broadband service we will shortly be investigating where the signal strengths are weakest and exploring possibilities of further boosting the mobile cloud in these areas.

I was also concerned to learn of the variability of staff service experienced. I have discussed your comments with the respective teams who too wish to be associated with my apologies for what would have been genuinely isolated incidents. We very much pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service and as you will be aware from Trip Advisor we in general offer an excellent experience.

Finally I would like to thank you again for your comments. Feedback is invaluable and something that we gain in many forms. I hope that I have managed to answer your areas of concern satisfactorily and if I can persuade you to return to the hotel please do contact me directly at simondavis@arorainternational.com and I will be delighted to assist.

Simon Davis
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We visited the Arora Hotel in Manchster when I took my partner to the Old Trafford Stadium Tour this summer.

On arrival we got our room keys as soon as we checked in - even though it was before midday. We asked for some directions and the reception staff was very friendly and they made us feel very comfortable at their hotel.

we had a nice room which was clean and cosy, we had a wonderful sleep - the bed was a bit too comfy (didnt want to get up in the morning!

On check out we left out bags with the receptionist. When we returned from our Stadium Tour in the afternoon the receptionist could remember that we went to Old Trafford and asked if we enjoyed it. I thought I was very kind of her and showed that she is listening to guests and remembers probably most of the guests which is a good thing to have when you work with costumers. Unfortunately I can't remember her name.

I will book this hotel again when staying in Manchester next time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Musselburgh
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Had a great stay in the arora, large bedroom and bathroom, spottlessly clean. The hotel is in a great location, right in the centre of Manchester and easy transport links for sporting events.
The young staff team were very friendly and efficient without being intrusive and the breakfast was superb.
Booked a one night stay for a great price through RBS Royalties Travel Service who are also very efficient.
Fantastic value for the price we paid.
The only negative was that like every hotel i've ever stayed in, the room temp was far too warm.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I stayed at the Arora with my sister over the weekend and had a lovely stay could not fault the hotel at all.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Tyneside
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I loved this Hotel. Staff competent and friendly. Food excellent. Cocktails sublime (try the Emperor's Geisha). Rooms - a comforting palette of light colours - see my photographs. I liked the way the white painted steel beams were allowed to project through the ceiling. The building is not afraid to show its structure nor is it ashamed of its workaday origins. Liked the furniture and its Japonais feel. If Hokusai had designed furniture it would have looked like this.
Try the Obsidian Restaurant. Worth visiting for the decor alone. The food is magnificent.
Simply magnificent.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 October 2010

First time staying at this hotel. Really pleasant check-in experience, professional, courteous and explained everything. Room was very comfortable, clean and the beds were excellent.

Great business rate with good variety of restaurants nearby.
Checkout person was a credit to the hotel (30 sep 08:00)

Only niggles - breakfast was not hot enough and the fire-alarm (false alarm) going off at 02:10 ruined a badly needed nights sleep

Overall verdict - brilliant business hotel and cannot wait to bring my family

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business