“Fabulous venue for a business meeting or a catch up with friends....”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Al Bacio

Al Bacio
Ranked #137 of 2,243 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Manchester's Newest Italian Restaurant/Pizzeria/Bar, Al Bacio, located on South King Street, Manchester City Center. Authentic cuisine prepared with fresh ingredients and Italian passion. Al Bacio offers some of the finest Italian food in the heart of Manchester City Centre. Offering an abundance of friendly atmosphere and hospitality. With Fresh, Rustic Italian dishes to die for, Al Bacio is perfect for all occasions such as Birthdays, Anniversaries, Business Lunches, Private Functions, Pre- Theatre Dinners, Group bookings, a relaxed drink at our bar, or simply a coffee break from your busy shopping schedule.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous venue for a business meeting or a catch up with friends....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I first came to this lovely hidden gem for a meeting, having eaten at lots of venues around the city for years the thing I love most is the quirkiness and tradition, so much so you feel like your on holiday, it is not pretending to be anything it isn't there are plenty of places to choose in Manchester to pose in and get served very average food at high prices so why do they need to jump on that band wagon??

One of our table was vegi and she was very impressed that there was such a wide variety of choice (again unusual in some venues) the service is warm and friendly and most of all ITALIAN how refreshing in a Italian Restaurant. The food is declicious the only problem was deciding what to have..... I will return.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Alison H

Stalybridge, England, United Kingdom
“First time there! Loved it! Great food and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Been today on 13th July. From the beginning Justina, the waitress, was really friendly. The food was absolutely great and the value was great too. Bruschetta, ribs and canelloni were all very nice! Great staff, great food! Definitely going to come back! Recommended.

1 Thank Dominik V
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A very poor Saturday night experience with my family”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I guess the first thing that struck us as a bit odd was walking into a Manchester City Centre restaurant on a Saturday night and the place being only 1/3 full. We thought this was strange but after a while we realised why this was the case.

The service was incredibly slow. We entered the restaurant at 8:30pm and it took nearly an hour for our starters to arrive. There was obviously something wrong in the restaurant as we noted several tables were also having difficulty with the service and we could see multiple tables complaining. We overheard the lady on the next table complaining about her starter, when they brought another one from the kitchen she then complained again and said that the food just wasn't quite right. Unfortunately we could not see what she had ordered, but she was not happy.

When we did receive our starters we were not impressed with the quality of food at all. I had chicken livers with pancetta, roast peppers, onions and chillies in red wine, my mum had pancakes filled spinach and ricotta covered with a tomato and cream sauce which was on the specials menu. The sauce with my chicken livers tasted a bit like lumpy instant gravy and the ciabatta bread served with it was barley toasted and very dry. My mum's pancakes didn't really have any taste whatsoever and just looked very sloppy. My mum did not eat her dish as she did not like it at all. We complained to the waiter when he took our plates and they did remove this item from our bill.

For our main course I had the Calabrese pizza which I was not impressed with at all. The dough was really chewy and the amount of toppings provided was ridiculous, it looked like it had been cooked by an amateur who had no idea what they were doing. Generally the other food we had was OK, but really not what I would expect from this type of restaurant at this price.

I am really surprised at the experience we received at this restaurant as the amount of 5 star reviews this place gets made us decide to go there. I honestly think something was not quite right there on Saturday night. The staff were all over the place, working the bar, waiting the tables, and helping to cook. To us it looked like there wasn't anyone in charge and the length of time we waited for each course was totally unacceptable.

I personally will not be going to this restaurant again in the future. The sheer number of things that were wrong on this visit has put me off giving them a second chance.

I really don't like writing negative reviews, but I felt my experiences needed to be shared.

1 Thank DrPaulJarvis
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best pizza in Manchester.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is the best pizza in Manchester!!
I've had pizzas here 4 times now and i love this restaurant. The service fab and the staff are always smiling and so friendly.
I highly recommend it.

3 Thank Dan M
“Lovely place for lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have always felt sceptical about visiting Italian restaurants since he is Italian but this was a Friday lunchtime and I was in my break from work so needed somewhere near and quick and we decided to give it a go after looking at their menu. The waiter greeted us in Italian, took us to our table, explained the lunch menu and took our drinks order which arrived very quickly taking into account the rest of the staff was on their break.

We ordered a two course meal, calamari and bruschetta to start with and both were to die for. As mains we had cannelloni and pizza Margherita which were amazing too. We didn't have time nor space for dessert.

We are already planning to come back and I believe we have found our home food away from home.

5 Thank Beatriz L