“Great concept”

All Star Lanes Manchester
Ranked #103 of 2,245 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great concept”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Worth a visit. 2 4 1 cocktails between 4 and 7pm. Although we didnt bowl it looks really good. Seating area is nice and it is away from the noise of the bowling.

Visited October 2013

“Concept fantastic Reality disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

I visited 5 Star Lanes with a group of 12. I was extremely excited about this place as it is so different to anywhere else in Manchester. However I was deeply disappointed for several reasons. Firstly we were booked in for 7:30pm on a Friday night, remembering that this is an American Diner, they had no ribs!!! Now this may sound miner but Ribs appear on the starter menu and the main menu and yet at their prime time slot they had none!!!! Poor poor poor!!!!!!
Secondly we had 2 vegetarians in our group who both wanted the Veggie Burger and guess what? They had none!!! Again for a Friday night at 7:30pm this is poor!!! I will give the staff their due they were very apologetic and attentive and did everything they could to get them both something they wanted. One of them had a lovely Quinoa dish but the other who is slightly fussy ended up with chips and bread.
My next complaint is the starter, I had popcorn squid which was really tasty but a minute portion, I was left feeling starving and this was echoed in our group!!
Fourthly my main course which was fried chicken with sweet potatoe fries. The fries were tasty but the chicken was dry and bland. This wouldn't have mattered so much but considering this and the starter plus 2 glasses of wine cost me £30 I was not happy!!!!!! If it wasn't for the complimentary vegetables given to the vegetarians for the veggie burger error I would have been left hungry.
When the bill came yet another mistake!!! They had added £30 for 2 half chickens that none of our group had had. They obviously quickly amended this when it was pointed out but my scepticle side says that they were hoping a large group like ours wouldn't notice!!
Not only this they also added £25 as a service charge, which I begrug when I've not had a fantastic experience. I will choose how much and if I want to pay a service charge dependant on the quality!!
After this we were then charged just short of £10 for one game of bowling. If the first game was free we would have definitely played another game, but for that price we were not prepared to pay for 2. They should really offer one free game to anyone that has paid for a meal, and then most people don't mind paying for a second game.
It's no wonder that at 7:30pm until 10:30pm when we left, the place was half empty!!
This is Manchester not London so the prices should reflect that!!!!
My biggest gripe of all is this, after the bill was paid a "comments" card was left for us to complete, because I was so annoyed about the lack of Ribs and veggie burgers that were shown on the menu I left my review along with my email address, hoping for a Managers response. It is now 9 days since my visit and I have still not received an email of apology or any correspondence for me to believe that my feedback card wasn't ripped up by the staff!!
I won't be back and I certainly won't be recommending this place to any friends!!!!!!

• Visited September 2013