“Great Greek takeaway”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 30 March 2014

At last, a Greek takeaway selling real Greek food. All the meat is on show in the fridge and you can see it's all really fresh. I got two pork souvlaki and everything was fresh and tasty and it was a proper souvlaki how you'd get in the old country - flat pitta bread, tzatziki, onions, tomatoes and meat. Everything is at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Visited this place after it had opened. It used to be a fish & chip shop.
Was genuinely excited at the prospect of a Greek takeaway. However am disappointed. First time I had the pork gyros and chips. It was £8.00 and you didn't get much for your money for what is essentially a pork kebab.

Second time I made a trip especially for the soutzoukakia. I love these meatballs when in Greece. The meat balls were ok but not amazing. I had to wait about ten minutes for them to be reheated because they don't have a microwave (a wait is better than microwaved food though).

The chips are just chips. The meatballs were not anything special. The meal though was definitely over priced at £7.00 for four small meatballs and a scattering of chips.

It is a small business with a nice friendly family running it and I wish them well. I think the business is focused more on deliveries.

As takeaways go the prices are steep for what you get. For the prices you pay you might as well go to a proper sit down Greek restaurant.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Just like it is in greece. Chips are amazing!. Order in good time if you want it delivered as it can take some time, but it is worth the wait.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Both the wife and I passed this place last week and both said "we will give that a try next week" so off we went tonight and my god it was amazing, we both had a pork gyros and home made, yes home made chips....we go to Corfu every year and have done for the last 23 years and this place is now going to be our little bit of Corfu....please give it a try you will NOT be disappointed trust me....

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Small, well kept place, nice food, really friendly staff and owners. It definitely reminded me of my travels in Greece a couple of years ago. There could be two or three more vegetarian options, and I would love to have a frappe or an elliniko while waiting, but else, great.