“Worst breakfast I ever paid for.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Jenny's Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jenny's Restaurant
Ranked #1,517 of 2,245 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Worst breakfast I ever paid for.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

When I was asked to pay at the door I should have turned and ran, the price conjoured up images of a decent breakfast but no, it was shocking, the food was disgusting and left me feeling quite ill. Avoid!!!!

1 Thank giraffesrock

Hull, Yorkshire
“Very disappointing, poor service. ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

While staying in Manchester for the weekend my daughter & I decided to go to Jenny's for tea. As we walked into the restaurant part of it, we were overwhelmed by a horrible damp musty smell. It was so bad I just wanted to turn & walk straight out. My daughter (aged 20) saw a sign saying 'pizzeria' - so we headed that way, down a few steps.
We were greeted by a pleasant young man, who showed us to a table & brought us some menus. We were surprised at the lack of variety on the menu, the pizzas for example had around 7 to choose from.
We seemed to be waiting a while before anyone came to take our order. The place had 2 other tables in, each with 2 customers - so it wasn't exactly busy.
We ordered a garlic bread to share as a starter and a small pizza each, along with a soft drink each. I had ordered the cannelloni firstly, but was told by the waiter this was not available. I had to then order something different. It would have been nice if the waiter had told us this wasn't available when he first brought us our menu.
The garlic bread was brought out, followed immediately by our pizzas. We hadn't even started eating the garlic bread when he brought the pizzas. Usually, in other places I have been to, when ordering a starter & a main, the starter is brought out first, then the main course after the starter is finished.
The garlic bread was toasted ciabatta bread, with the smallest amount of garlic butter on. It was more like toast than an Italian garlic bread. Quite disappointing.
My pizza looked nice enough, with the 5 pieces of chicken on! Disappointed with the taste & quality of it though. My daughter ordered a margarita pizza & paid for a topping of tuna (priced at £1.40). There must have been a few flakes of tuna on this pizza, I found it hard to actually see the tuna, as the amount on the pizza was so small. So were we both disappointed with the pizza too. We both said the ones you can buy in Asda, 2 for £4 were nicer and more generously topped than these ones!
Not once did the waiter come over to see if everything was ok with our food, or if we wanted anything else. I was going to order another soft drink, and tried to get his attention while he served the one other table of 4 customers - the other 2 tables had finished & left. It was hard to get his attention, as he was stood chatting a lot to a female colleague. So we finished our meal, leaving most of the garlic bread, and half of our pizza each. We sat & waited for ten minutes. No member of staff came over to clear our table, or to ask if we wanted coffee or look at the dessert menu. So our table had 3 plates with uneaten food on. I noticed 2 other tables were the same, despite the customers having left already.
I had seen one couple going to the till to pay, and one couple had their bill taken over to them. So I wasn't sure if my bill was going to be brought over or if I needed to go to the till. As said previously, ten minutes went by with no staff coming to us after we had finished our meal.
I then went to the till to pay. The guy on duty said to his female colleague 'these need to pay'.
All he did was say £18.75 please. We were not asked if everything was to our satisfaction. I just wanted to pay & leave.
It is somewhere I will most definitely never go to again. It was a nicely decorated & clean place, apart from the awful smell when we first walked in. It could be a lovely place to eat, if there was more choice on the menu - I have seen more choice in other Italian places. Spaghetti carbonara wasn't even on the menu at Jenny's!
Also if the staff were more attentive and helpful, this would greatly improve the customers experience here. The service we received was not very good at all. Very disappointing.

2 Thank Tina2603