“Stayed for 3 nights”

Travelodge Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #25 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 15 July 2014

stayed here for 3 nights in july newly refurbished but no aircon and the windows dont open ! very hot room for the 3 nights we stayed and was offered a fan whcih only moves the hot air around,best to check if your staying here in the hot months .

Martin Snell

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with friends on a night out in Manchester. Only booked it 2 weeks in advance and payed £76 which wasn't too bad given we were right in the city centre.
Rooms were quite small but fine if you were staying for a night or two. My only real issue with my stay was the fact that the tv reception was that bad you couldn't watch any channels bar bbc1 and 2. Not that we watched loads of tv but I would expect to pick up all channels as it is 2014.
They also have security on a nighttime and you have to say your surname to gain access into the hotel. Just a warning for those that may bring 'people' back.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank beechboy_2000
Reviewed 11 July 2014

3 of us stayed here to watch Drake at the Phones4U arena. You'd think that 3 girls getting ready in a Travelodge would be hectic however, the room was so spacious! Large mirror as you walked in & a mirror with a dressing table near the window. We had huge double bed & a single bed, a flatscreen tv, coffee/tea making facilities & countless amount of plugs (which is always handy!!). Between the 3 of us the hotel was about £17 each which was really cheap for a central hotel, compared to other hotels I've stayed in! The hotel is on the main street in Manchester across from the big wheel. Close to everything & only a short taxi ride from the arena & Deansgate Locks & literally a few minutes walk away from the shops & Picadilly Station.

The room was clean and tidy & big enough for the 3 of us. The bathroom was however tiny & the bath would only be suitable for children. Our room was right next to the main road & we could see the big wheel from our window however we found it to be extremely quiet!! Very close to everything, really cheap & would definitely return & recommend! The only thing that would make the stay better would be free wifi!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hannahwrightx
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had a one night stay for a concert at the phones4u arena, loved the location and the bed was so comfy. Perfect for train access and shopping, very clean room but a small table or drawers for clothes storage as at 5'2" i struggled with the shelf above hangers so clothes where left in piles on floor. Also had breakfast the next day and felt the cooked items were a let down, only 5 items, scrambled egg, bacon, sausage, tomato and beans.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shaw-Mackay
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here for one night on the basis of its price and location, price was reasonable but location wasn't as close as we expected, thinking it was a 10 min walk to canal street it's more like 20mins , but apart from the arguable distance to the main clubs, all was good the staff were very friendly , the room was clean and tidy the beds are exceptionally comfy and the rooms are well heated, I do think two separate sitting areas to get ready would be better but not a major problem. Checkout is quite early at 11am and check-in is 2pm so quite late and would be ideal if checkout was a little later , I would stay here again and recommend it in the future to friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed with family in a family room with a pull out bed for a 3rd person which was convenient but the bed was hard and I could feel the springs poking my back.
Room was very big with not-a-very-great view, but no complaints there. Surprisingly theres no landline phone in the room which I found strange! Also theres no night stand to keep your stuff, just a few shelves in the bed headboard for mobiles and spectacles.
Also theres a door stopper right in the middle of the room (of course behind the door) where you can hang your coats and jackets - found this to be a major safety hazard as I myself hurt my toe there twice inspite of realizing its right there!!
Bathroom is no nonsense - small with a bathtub - no toiletries (except a body-hair wash combo). Clean towels provided.
Breakfast was mediocre - variety of packed cereal, muesli, 2 types of fruits (yes just 2), yogurt, milk, sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, tea, coffee - the usual, nothing absolutely great.
Customer service was commendable - I was apprehensive that there was no AC and it might be a little stuffy but the lady at the front desk was happy to get me a table fan.
Location is fantastic - 2 mins away from the Piccadilly Garden metrolink station & all the markets - Primark, Debanhams, Arndale etc. 10 mins from the Manchester Piccadilly train station.
Yes I would come back given the location and ease of access.

Room Tip: Maybe get a room with a view - would be fun to face the Manchester Wheel now that its back.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Srezzi
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is a lovely, clean, refurbished hotel. I could not fault the check-in, or the room. All well until Tuesday night when loss of TV Channels on the TV. The lady on reception tried to sort it it, couldn't, but by way of apology offered me free breakfast the rest of the week .
So next two days free breakfast hassle free. 3rd day different gentleman (I'm being polite here) on at breakfast. Didn't believe that I had free breakfast. Note in diary only for one day he said, and not company policy to give more than one breakfast. He made me feel like I had stolen the breakfast the previous day. As I pointed out I was staying again next week. What he should have done was accept free breakfast, then check with the lady who gave me breakfast to see if what I said was true. If I did owe for breakfast I could then pay retrospectively next week.
Nice security lady did take my details and promised to look into it which was the right way to do things, not like the other person who made me feel bad. Male receptionist gave us no privacy, where as the security lady took me to a table away from everyone. The male receptionist seriously needs training when interfacing with customers.
This is the reason I only gave it 4 not 5