“Travel Lodge Manchester”

Travelodge Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #26 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 19 July 2014

the hotel is new and right near Picadilly Gardens. the location is perfect, the service was great, and the hotel was fresh and clean with a really comfortable bed. It was very safe for a woman travelling alone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Elizabeth H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We checked in two days ago for one night. We had to catch an evening flight to Athens yesterday and when asked the receptionist if we could leave our luggage for a few hours after the 12:00 o'clock check-out, we were refused 'due to the Travelodge policy'. After this we had only one option: to go to the Piccadilly railway station storage room and be charged 8 pounds for each piece. 3x8=24 pounds was an unexpected expense for us. Since no luggage storage service is offered, we feel that it is not a budget hotel; on the contrary, the average traveler has to consider it twice before booking with Travelodge.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mary d
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here for one night and on arrival and on departure we had to pay £10 each time for early and late check in even although it was only for an hour each time. This is ridiculous !! When we arrived the receptionist was really unhelpful and had no knowledge of the local transport system, a bystander at reception was more helpful. Our room was to warm during the night and one of the cups in the room had a large chip in it. Although I felt the room was good value I think they need to brush up on staff training. We stay in London's Covent Garden Travel lodge and it is like night and day the staff there are so helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda Jane H
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in July 14. Got the saver rates which really helped our budget holiday. Very central to everything - the metro link two minutes away- the main Railway station a 15 minute walk. Loads of places to eat out for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Staff very friendly and the rooms all very new, clean and tidy with really comfy beds ... Will we be back ... Absolutely

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Budgetglobetrotters
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This Travelodge was exactly what I expected really - conveniently located & little much else. The rooms were basic but clean (though the shower curtain clearly needed to be laundered more often). I checked in using the automated machine quickly & efficiently. There were tea & coffee provisions in the room & a small TV with freeview. I got back to the hotel a little after 11 & the security guard on the door was polite & helpful. I think it's a smart move from Travelodge to have somebody manning the door, given the location.

I did find however, that I was uncomfortably hot throughout the night & with no climate control or opening windows, I just had to grin & bear it. I was also woken up repeatedly throughout the night by the opening & closing of the door at the end of the corridor & the sound of people walking & talking as they went by my room. This was despite the fact I was using earplugs. I think Travelodge could do with looking at how well soundproofed these rooms on the first floor are.

Overall, it did the trick. I was only visiting for one night & on a budget so I can't really complain. It's exactly what you'd expect from a Travelodge in the centre of Manchester.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 15 July 2014

stayed here for 3 nights in july newly refurbished but no aircon and the windows dont open ! very hot room for the 3 nights we stayed and was offered a fan whcih only moves the hot air around,best to check if your staying here in the hot months .

Martin Snell

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with friends on a night out in Manchester. Only booked it 2 weeks in advance and payed £76 which wasn't too bad given we were right in the city centre.
Rooms were quite small but fine if you were staying for a night or two. My only real issue with my stay was the fact that the tv reception was that bad you couldn't watch any channels bar bbc1 and 2. Not that we watched loads of tv but I would expect to pick up all channels as it is 2014.
They also have security on a nighttime and you have to say your surname to gain access into the hotel. Just a warning for those that may bring 'people' back.

• Stayed: June 2014