“Great Value & Location!”

Travelodge Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #28 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
UK
“Great Value & Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My friends & I booked this hotel to stay in the night before flying from Manchester Airport as a cheaper alternative than staying in the hotels next to the Airport. It was a great decision money wise, even with the train fare to the airport, it worked out a lot cheaper than staying in one of the hotels at the Airport. There is a Nandos right next door to the hotel which came in handy :D The Shopping centre is within a 5 minute walk as well. The staff that we saw were friendly and chatty so I have no complaints at all :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We booked last minute and got a great deal on a family room.Using the TCCP to park in provides secure parking at on only £8.50 when validating your ticket with the Hotel.The staff both on checking in and out were very friendly. The room was a great size overlooking the courtyard,this is the first refurbished travelodge we have stayed in,and the beds are a great improvement! The room was lovely and clean,with everything we needed. The location is fantastic and cannot be faulted,it was lovely to be able to walk straight out and have everything on our doorstep.The only downside was having to call reception at 2am and complain about the noise coming from a 5th floor bedroom.Having said that as soon as I made the call the noise was sorted out. Will certainly return!

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed for a one night stay in this Travelodge in Manchester. The location is excellent, very central by which you are near shopping facilities, buses, trams and the main Manchester Piccadilly which is directly linked to the airport. The hotel itself has by far the best facilities and design in any Travelodge I have stayed in. The double room which I stayed in was very clean, efficient and had all the basic facilities to make my stay a comfortable and convenient one! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking a cheap weekend away in Manchester, it may not be luxurious but the cleanliness of the facilities in a such central location make it an fantastic place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I am writing this review specifically to inform/warn fellow travellers about a certain gentleman (he certainly didn’t behave like one but I am being kind by calling him that) at the front desk named Emy.
I had multiple reservations for a family room at this Travelodge. On our second leg, we were given a room where the window faced a sort of shaft (which was being painted) and the bathroom door did not close. So we requested for another room which faces outside. Mr Emy was at the desk at that time and he had difficulty trying to understand why a faulty bathroom door was a problem. However, he was able to give us another room which again faced inside since there was nothing else available. Of course we understood that. While we were checking out, I wanted to make sure that on our next visit (which was 3 days later) we got a room that faces outside. There was another lady at the front desk named Marie (who by the way was an absolute sweetheart) who made a note of our request and said she’ll ensure that it is taken care of.
So we come waltzing in on our next visit and Mr Emy is at the desk. I told him about the request Marie had noted down from our previous visit and he literally starts shouting at me saying I need not tell him how to do his job and that I was being rude and he will not tolerate it and refund our money and not give us our room. I was like Excuse me?? I told him politely that I am sorry if he felt that way but I wasn’t being rude, I was just telling him what Marie told me. He said Marie doesn’t know everything and he does (!!) That’s why ‘I don’t need to teach him’ what is to be done. Again, I was taken aback but I was returning from a very long journey at 9pm and I didn’t need all that. So I just said very politely that I apologize if you feel that way but that was not my intention. But I guess he needed more drama than that. So again, he says I will call my manager since you are being rude and you will not be allowed to stay at this hotel ever again. That’s when I had it! I told him that I have apologized to you twice, not because I was wrong but because u felt that way and I expect you to accept it and just proceed. I just need my room keys and I would be glad to speak to your manager.
But he just didn’t want to back down and I had had enough for that day, I just took our keys and left.
So Mr Emy let me inform you one thing, you are nobody to disallow me to stay at your hotel, I CHOOSE NOT to stay in any establishment where you work as you don’t have the etiquette and manners to be in any customer facing role especially in the hospitality field. I don’t need to take a vacation at your hotel where you subject your customers to a rude and traumatic experience. I must stress to all fellow travellers to not deal with him as he will only spoil your stay. Avoid him if you have any special requests or questions. He doesn’t feel hotel guests are allowed that!!

And also, I spoke to a few other people working at Travelodge who were around at that time when this conversation took place and they informed me that I wasn’t rude and that’s just how he is and they felt the need to apologize to me for him. That should be really embarrassing for Travelodge.

10 Thank ddeD E
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
We are truly sorry to learn you received a poor service during your stay ddeD E. We would very much like to take this opportunity to investigate the concerns that you have raised, please use the contact us button on our website to provide us with more information which will allow us to offer a resolution. Please indicate that you have left a TripAdvisor review when doing so.
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Although the nearest car park is a 2 min walk from the hotel and expensive for 24hrs, the value of the hotel itself balances the overall cost. The rooms are clean, cheerful and practical. Perfect for an overnight or short city break.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Good: its new - everything is new, the building is only 6 months old............

The Bad: rooms are sterile - without any character.
The standard creating by staff is " You all right" - this Manchester idiom is, I suggest, not acceptable in all situations - a little more training required.

The Ugly: Windows don't open - no air-conditioning - when its hot its very hot - stifling - not pleasant. Fans supplied - made the room bearable.

Breakfast was ordinary - as expected - but good value at 6.50

Would I stay again - no - this budget hotel is not worth saving 50 pounds - the averageness and blandness of it all is just too oppressive.

Room Tip: Pay another 50 and get a room of value.