“Small room ~ no drawers!! Expensive for what it was!”

Travelodge Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #27 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 25 August 2014

First of all I must commend the staff who are extremely friendly, helpful and efficient.
At breakfast I overheard the lady behind the breakfast counter (Wendy?) offering to assist a woman with a baby and small child. I'm not sure what was being offered but I think it to was do with (earlier?) breakfast the next day? Travelodge should be proud of staff like this.

The hotel is new and the public areas are very bright and clean. The hotel is central for shops, restaurants and night life.

Our room on the 1st floor was also spotless. However, compared to other Travelodges where I have stayed, the bedroom was quite small. There was not a single drawer in our room. Not one drawer!! Where are you supposed to put your socks and pants? There is a open wall rail with six hangers in a corner of the room with a small shelf over. No bedside cabinets - two tiny alcove shelves in the headboard.

The shower room is small. (No bath) Sitting on the toilet, my right shoulder was against the washbasin, while my left shoulder was pressing on the toilet roll holder. The door did not have a lock. Nice big mirror with two down-lights over, so nice and bright. Instant hot water but a moderate flow for the shower and sink. (Probably economy measures)
We had two good sized bath towels but only one hand towel between two of us. No shower mat either. There were tea/coffee making facilities and a TV in our room.

Breakfast is OK. Sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, baked beans, and tomato on the hot counter. Cereals, juices, toast, muffins, toast, croissants etc.

Being on the 1st floor, I expected to hear some city noise but the soundproofing must be very good indeed. We did not hear any noise from the street or adjacent rooms either. However, our room was stuffy - and it was not a hot/sunny weekend. The windows do not open and I had to wedge open the door to the corridor with the waste bin. Aircon or some sort of airflow would have been great!

At over £200 for 2 nights I would have expected better. More room space, drawers, more choice at breakfast (mushrooms, hash browns, fried eggs!!) but I would definitely include this hotel in my search next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bath. Possibly the room may be bigger?

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Fantasic. Clean. Tidy. Great front of end staff. Brilliant.Marie was great on reception. Made us feel so welcome loved this hotel would definitely stay again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,, ,,,,,,

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We staid in this Travelodge for one night as we were going to canal street for our friends hen do and I can honestly say It was just perfect!

We arrived early so we sat in the bar area which was lovely, very clean, a very welcoming atmosphere, very nicely decorated, and some nice music playing in the background

The staff were very friendly and did everything they could to help, they were up for banter and made us feel really welcome

The rooms were spot on, very clean and fresh, the bed was the comfiest thing I've ever slept on! The rooms were a good decent size! And Also With it being summer there where fans available from reception

When we returned to the hotel in the early hours there were security on the hotel door which made us feel very safe

The next morning we had breakfast which was all you can eat and was a reasonable price. A really good selection and very tasty! Was thrilled to see coffee on tap as it helped to cure the hangover!

Overall a very enjoyable stay and will more than likely be staying again :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2014

You couldn't ask for a better location, opposite the big wheel and Primark! Very clean hotel, lovely fresh feel. Fantastic desk staff and a great room- I'm very impressed with the room; big, immaculately clean, fresh and comfortable,

Reviewed 22 August 2014

A great hotel for a weekend in Manchester. The location was perfect, right in the middle of everything. The room was clean,modern and spacious and the staff were really helpful, would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed here for a bargain price . location great. Room clean and spacious. Staff really helpful. Reception staff helpful as were chambermaids and the lady in Bar/restaurant fab.food could be improved by the quality but service excellent. A bit noisy due to neighbours but a very enjoyable experience overall.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I visited on business on a Thursday night - out to dinner, out to breakfast. So it was just a crash-pad. The location is perfect, overlooking central Manchester's Piccadilly Gardens. I feared it might be noisy but needn't have worried: the room was well insulated and quiet. Exceptionally good value.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business