“Service was above and beyond!”

Travelodge Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #26 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 1 September 2014

A group of us stayed at the travelodge for one night in early august before a work event. A staff member named Chantelle kindly helped us by washing up our food processing equipment in the hotel kitchen! We would have been very stuck without her. She was very friendly and happy to help with all that we needed! Thankyou Chantelle!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Olivia324

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night over the weekends not long ago with friends from work... Budget-friendly, brand new travelodge in the heart of Manchester, what else not to like about it!!! The room are spacious & clean, breakfast is affordable, security is impressive...!!! Best place to stay after a night out & shopping the next day- sooo near to everything you want to go in just two days in Manchester...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leah M
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed at Travelodge Piccadilly for 4 nights from Friday 8th August to Tuesday 12th August. I had booked a double room for myself, including an early check in from 12. The hotel was easy to find with a big sign outside making it obvious as soon as you get into Piccadilly gardens, the reception is on the first floor but this is also obvious due to a sign by the lift. I arrived around 12.30 and requested a room with a window that opened – this took them around 20 minutes to sort out as not all rooms were clean yet, but they were able to accommodate my request and provided me with a fan also, in case the room was still too hot.

I found my room quickly enough and opened the window to allow in cooler air. The room was a standard double room with a bed, desk, 2 chairs, a pole to hang clothes on – there were no drawers to store any clothes in, so if they don’t hang up then there is nowhere to put them! The selection of hot drinks available was your usual caffeinated options of tea and coffee – useless for myself. The bathroom was pretty basic with a foam dispenser stuck to the wall next to the sink with hand wash in, and similar in the shower with multipurpose body/hair wash. The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot and powerful – the two most important facts I think in a hotel room.

Between 8pm and 6am you need to swipe your card to open the front doors to the hotel. On arrival back at my hotel just after 12 on Friday, I was shocked to find a security guard lounging across the stairs demanding to know my name and room number. Surely the fact I had swiped my card to get in should prove I was renting a room but apparently not. He was also there on Saturday night, but not on Sunday or Monday. I found it quite intimidating as this man would easily realise who was alone in their room and could, as a security guard, demand access to your room during the night.

On Friday and Saturday night, I was awoken around 5am by drunken people returning to their rooms. They were shouting loudly and running down the corridors. I am unsure if the security guard had left at this point, or if he was just not bothered about drunks waking up other guests. As there is no telephone in the rooms, there is no way to make complaints about other guests and I was not prepared to leave my room to confront them myself as you never know how people will react. I had a pleasant sleep on Sunday night and was not disturbed at all. On Monday night, I was awoken around midnight by a family returning to their room, talking very loudly and allowing their small children to run up and down the corridor shouting. The bed was very comfy but due to the inconsideration of other guests, I only got 1 good night’s sleep out of 4.

I chose to have breakfast on Tuesday morning for £7.65. There was a poor selection of hot food – sausages, bacon, scrambled egg, beans and tomatoes. I chose sausages (delicious), bacon (very fatty), beans and tomato (these were just as expected, you can’t really improve or ruin either of these). I had toast also which you have to toast yourself, there is a choice of white or brown along with a selection of toppings. You can also have croissants (which they will heat up if you request). There was a selection of what looked like tinned fruits in bowls but as there were no signs advising what fruit there was, I could not have any of this. There was a good selection of individual cereals, yogurts and blueberry muffins also. The cold drinks available were orange juice/apple juice and water. The hot drinks were again all caffeinated and there were no herbal/fruit teas available.

Just a quick note that the 2 lifts are extremely slow.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a window that opens!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank katiekatecat
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The service we experienced during our stay was very impressive. All staff that we met were friendly, helpful and cheerful. They really couldn't do enough for us and went out of their way to make sure we had a pleasant stay. Notably, we were told that all the irons had been given out but they would try to hunt one down for us. 5 minutes later and we had a knock on our room to give us an iron!

The room was very clean and spacious. We got up quite late every day but that wasn't a problem because we were able to request room service later. It was also very quiet even though we stayed during the bank holiday Manchester Pride weekend.

The location is fantastic. For example, it's a few minutes walk from the train station and main bus stops. It's also next door to Morrisons, Greggs, Weatherspoons and Nandos!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma A
Reviewed 27 August 2014

because of non on site parking personally this I found hard as walking distance from car parks took longer than need becareful as to what car parks you use even though Travelodge give a discount to two car parks one costing £18-50 for 24 hours,i personally found a private car park of tariff street for £8 for 24 hrs

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The hotel staff were very helpful and genuinely friendly
The room was spacious and immaculately cleaned
The room was quiet
The breakfast was as per usual great with a lovely choice and the hot dishes were hot
We had two evening meals and the quality of food was fantastic
We had booked our stay before the hotel had opened and we are so glad we did
We will be returning

Room Tip: 227 . Spacious room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2014

huge corner room, clean hotel, quiet inside and out, slightly intimidating security guard on door and no bagged hold area but location , other staff, size of room, price, facilities and everything else was fine

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends