Great John Street Hotel
US$179
US$163
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$130
US$97
  • Free Internet
1,399 results
All reviewsroof terracehot tubafternoon teagrand roommezzanine flooroyster barroll top bathbathroom upstairslate availabilitysplit levelcoronation street setboutique hotelwedding venuegranada studiosbeautiful hotelsmall hotelmain bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here the weekend before Valentine's and although we were 'upgraded' the room was not the one we had asked for. The factilities were good, especially the upstairs bar and hottub.The staff were great and could not have been more helpful but when the bereakfast arrived in our room the next morning ,, the salt shaker was empty and the food was luke warm, certainly not worth the extra money we had to pay. Not natural light in the rooms eitherSo you decide

4  Thank nixie8
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed there for two nights over a weekend we were in manchester for a gig. The hotel is stunning, rooms are amazing, staff were superb, the resteraunt food was beautifull, breakfasts amazing. I could go on and on, basically loved the place.

Also booked the gluttony package because of the time being so close to valentines, well worth the extra!!

Stay there!!

Room Tip: The clasical grand which we stayed in were beautifull. Dont think there'll be a bad room in there though, but the one we had was a beautifull split level room.
2  Thank 912Ellis912
Reviewed 14 February 2012

My girlfriend and I recently held our engagement party on the very classy roof top terrace at Great John Street. This is a hotel that certainly has the wow factor and the beautiful decor coupled with stunning views across Manchester really made a lasting impression on all our guests.

Our room, covering two foors and including his and her baths was the best I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. If I was going to design my ideal bedroom this would certainly be it. The only negative I could give is that I struggled to get sky sports in the room but given the occasion this was certainly something I was able to live without!

From booking to check out all the hotel staff made us feel very welcome and we would like to issue a special thanks to the hotel manager for making our experience so memorable.

We have already been back to the hotel and I'm sure it wont be long before we book our third night!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Myself and partner have just enjoyed a wonderful overnight stay at this hotel. Having stayed at the Lowry and Hilton in Manchester I was hoping that this hotel would be a little more intimate and personal without being pretentious. - Which I'm glad to say it was! Don't get me wrong the Hilton and Lowry both have their own plus points but as they are so big they often attact the crowd for me.

Rooms were beautiful and tastefully decorated, baths are amazing! (look at the photos) Staff were very helpful and friendly which I felt was genuine not just service related. We had a lovely drink in the bar area and enjoyed the winter night in the hot tub on the roof terrace. We did not eat at the hotel in the evening but enjoyed breakfast and there was lots to choose from off the buffet and from the menu.

The only downside was the room was rather hot and due to this we opened the window at night which meant a little street noise - but you are staying in a city not the countryside! However these are my only criticisms and we will definitely return for a drink, afternoon tea and hopefully another stay.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

The best hotel in Manchester by a mile. What a gem. The rooms are outstanding food is amazing. What a wonderful experience

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business