1,546 results
All reviews roof terrace afternoon tea mezzanine floor grand room oyster bar roll top bath gjs hotel bathroom upstairs split level coronation street set wedding venue granada studios beautiful hotel small hotel main bar walk in shower birthday treat
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Superb stay at a Hotel that does not feel like a Hotel at all but totally like a home from home. Untouchable quality of service and accomodation, Fantastic atmosphere, we did not want to leave.

Date of stay: August 2009
1  Thank BELTON7
Reviewed 18 October 2009

My husband treated me to a wonderful weekend stay at the Great John Street Hotel in late September for my birthday. What a fabulous hotel, beautiful rooms (ours was a classical grande - room 23), a duplex room with a downstairs bedroom and upstairs living area, en-suite wet room and large bath sat in the corner of the living area in front of a splendid fire place. What a treat; I was able to sit in the bath and watch Strictly Come Dancing with a glass of pink champagne!!

The staff are magnificent, so friendly and polite and the breakfast is divine.

We normally stay at the Marriott Victoria and Albert about half a mile from this hotel but the Great John Street is a class apart and we will definitely be staying again. There is a great view of the Coronation Street set from the roof top bar area and the bars and restaurants of the city centre are a gentle 15 minute stroll away.

1  Thank mrtwinkly
Reviewed 17 October 2009

this was our fifth stay at john street we have been staying since it opened,and as always everything was perfect.its unique and individual,nothing is too much trouble for the staff.wouldnt hesitate to reccommend it to anybody.

Date of stay: August 2009
Reviewed 9 October 2009

All was well when we checked in for our 1 night stay. we made use of the £25 valet service so that we didn't need to bother about the lack parking within the hotel. The time came to check out and we made arrangements for the valet to return our 6 month old £45k car which he did but as he pulled up to the curb he managed to scrape all the front left hand side wheel along the very high curb causing a lot of damage. To cut a long story very short, I made the management aware of this a to check the CCTV to show what had happened. His response was to basically tell me that myself and my wife where liars and that the CCVT footage only shows my wife and I bending down looking at the wheel, it didnt highlight the impact!!!! Not only this but the Valet and the lady on reception told porkie pies stating that nothing had gone on.
I have stayed in there other hotels in the past but I wont be doing so the the future!

The General Manager 'Richard Burns' has made this chain of hotels unreturable and for a person whom is the face of the group to call its guests (who payed over £400 for 1 nights stay) liars is, well shall we say 'not the best PR in the world'

If you are the owners of the chain and have read this review, sack Mr Burns as he is bring your hotels down to the level of his person skills!

STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9  Thank craigduffy
Reviewed 2 October 2009

We attended a corporate dinner in Manchester and were here only for one night. We didn't get a chance just to hang out at the hotel; unfortunate, as it's an interesting space.

Our Classical Grand room was spacious, with a cast iron bathtub downstairs rather than in the mezzanine with the rest of the bathroom. Overall, I liked the layout, except when I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. The bathroom light shines down onto the bed area, which means you end up disturbing your partner.

Despite all the space, you're still subject to noise from adjoining rooms. We could clearly hear the woman next door sneezing. I had to stop myself from saying "Gezundheit!"

Had a look at the rooftop terrace. There is indeed a hot tub; and not three feet away, a large CCTV camera aimed directly at it. Very Big Brother.

The hotel isn't smack in the middle of the action, but it's not a long walk. Late at night, though, you'll probably have to spring for a taxi.

• Trip type: Travelled on business