“Hotel heaven!”

Great John Street Hotel
Ranked #2 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 17 May 2010

We splashed out and booked the Opus Grand Suite. We were not disappointed at all during our 2 night weekend stay.
The staff were friendly and attentive. The room was perfect, romantic, clean and comfortable.
We enjoyed use of the hot tub and were lucky enough to have it to ourselves.
The breakfast was fantastic. We would love to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luvfoodantravel
There are newer reviews for Great John Street Hotel

Reviewed 6 May 2010

Stayed here with my Wife for 1 night on a Friday last Month, when we arrived we where not shown to the suite, when we got in the suite another suitcase was already in there so they moved it, the suite was average with a mezanine bathroom, quality of furniture wasnt very good, hifi was broken for instance. breakfast was ok but not cheap, what i didnt like was having to pay £25 to park my car in the car park,

Would i return, i may, but i think i would try other places first given we paid a total of £250 for 1 night.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Graham J
Reviewed 19 April 2010

i have stayed in this hotel many times it is just luxury in every way, all rooms are very individual many duplex with monsoon showers and roll top baths, fabulous for a little romance or buisness, the bars are very well stocked with all specialist bourbons and vodkas etc. They are also very good at the little touches personal messages on my pillow on arrival etc, if you like hotels such as hotel du vin you will adore it!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank hotoelsnobandproud
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We held our wedding here , over 2 days in early March. Every single detail was handled perfectly by the hotel. From planning 12 months in advance, all the way up to the big event. We stayed in the Opus Grand suite, which quite simply was gorgeous. All of our friends that stayed on the the first night were thrilled. It really is a hidden gem in Manchester! Our big celebration was on the Saturday night and again, nothing was overlooked. The ONLY negative was adding a service charge to each and every drink bought from the bar. With about 150 people in the main bar and most buying several drinks, it was a little bit embarassing when friends raised this with us. It's not a cheap place but it definitely offers something different and special. The staff come from a number of different backgrounds and all are charming and friendly. I see other comments regarding them not being 'chatty'. They were fine with us and I could only see it being a language barrier. They really could do no more for us!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason R
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Stayed here in 10th April in room 38. We booked on the 9th last minute. I had seen this hotel before and thought it would be nice to stay. The hotel is very well kept and is plush and very different.

The down side is that I could hear every word that was being said next door to the point where I could have joined in the conversation. I tried to have a shower at 7.30 pm and the water was tepid. I filled the bath and fancied a soak in the role top bath but because it was metal, it was freezing therefore the soak was out. We had the air con on when we went to bed as the room was very warm and stuffy but every 30 seconds there was a droaning noise coming from it. It took a while to find out where the noise was coming from but we assumed it was the air con. My hubby switched it off but the droan continued. He rang reception and a man there knew immediately what to do and he somehow turned the air con off at the mains without even coming to our room. It was obvious that this is a regular complaint. The only problem with this is that we now had no air con and the room so we were hot all night.

This hotel rates itself 4 star. If it sorts out the above then I agree it could be four star. I should have stayed at the Crown Plaza which was my secod choice with the same rating, £10.00 cheaper with breakfast included. I won't be going back the Great John Street Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulaLittleborough
Reviewed 1 April 2010

This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. Our room was unique and everything in it was of the highest quality. The staff were exceptionally friendly and attentive. I cannot fault anything about this hotel and will definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank speakout014
Reviewed 31 March 2010

this hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel ideally located with lovely and unique rooms with great features. only two faults, 25 quid to park my car round the corner!! come on, i know i could park elsewhere but for the price of the place free parking would be a nice touch!! secondly the staff are dull as dishwater!! im irish and i like a bit of banter but the staff are like cardboard!! oh well maybe they just didnt like my craic, not to worry!!

• Stayed: March 2010